Monday, October 01, 2007

Happy Monday...

Surprisingly, today is really a happy Monday.
It's gorgeous out...the day is flying by thus far -- and I had a great
weekend.


Yesterday, I ran a 5k - only my second one thus far, but I did pretty
decent considering. I ran alone again, which is kind of tough to do
when you're hitting a patch of hill - or have a side stitch; it's nice
to have someone keeping you motivated. But I finished in 30:14 seconds,
which comes out to 9:58 a mile -- basically a 10 minute mile. I felt
great to have accomplished it - and beat my time from the last one I
ran. I could've had a better time, but I had a few side stitches - and
it wasn't entirely flat, so the uphill part was slowing me down. It's
funny, at the second mile marker I'm thinking "why did I do this?" and
then by mile 3, I feel great.


Afterwards, we went apple picking at someplace different this year.
Normally I take the kids to Applecrest in NH (
www.applecrest.com) - and
I'll go up there maybe next weekend for just the fesitval, or fall some
pumpkin picking; but for this time - we went to Nashoba Valley Winery
(
www.nashobawinery.com) in beautiful Bolton MA. It was nice -- they had
a barbecue and some entertainment for the kids; and the place itself is
just beautiful. What's so great about it too, is that drinking is
allowed on the premises, so you can have beer or wine while you're
hanging out. I didn't have any - but the option is there which is
great. I definitely would like to go back and try some of their
inventory.


Anyway - on an apple note, I was thrilled because instead of
the regular old Cortland and Macintosh apples - we got Gala apples!
They're my absolutely favorite - they're bright pink and yellow - and
they're unbelievably sweet. Not every place has them...and we filled
our bag with almost 80% Gala, and about 20% Macintosh. YUM! And then
of course, we finished with "dinner" at Colonial Candies (formerly
Herberts:
http://www.judysbook.com/members/7946/posts/2005/7/18355/),
where we made our own sundaes.
(Am I the coolest Mom ever or what?)

I was so tired last night I couldn't even finish watching the premiere
of "Dexter". Thank god for DVR.

So anyway, tonight is supposed to be a crisp autumn night with
temperatures dipping down into the 40s, so I'm thinking this is going to
be a good night to light up the fireplace. A little beef stew and
biscuits for dinner - and then some Monday Night Football.

Not such a terrible way to start the week, wouldn't you agree?

1 comment:

Big Ben said...

Forget Monday night football, Baseball is on!

Cleveland and the Cubs in the World Series (my prediction).