Saturday, October 27, 2007

Sleepy. Soggy. Saturday.

Yawwwwn.

So, the weather was true to forecast - and soccer was cancelled. Which made it a great day for us to get back into our cozy clothes after dance - and have a fun movie day. I've got the fire going, the house smells of pumpkin pie candles and popcorn; and the kiddies and I are watching movies this afternoon.

Streeeettttccch.

All this sitting around has gotten me thinking of Halloween. I'm going to have to take Wednesday off because I have a ton of things to do with my car: oil change, inspection sticker, Social Security to do a name change - for some reason, they won't allow me to renew my license without one. The bizarre thing is, I already submitted the paperwork - but clearly, there's a federal institution that just can't keep their documents straight. But I digress.... and then of course there's a registry run to renew my license. A sushi date thats long overdue with one of my girlfriends. Busy day - but will have me home early to take the kids trick or treating and get them into costumes.

Which makes me think about my costume this year. I usually go as Rock Star Mom - but this time I think I'm going to go as Witch Mom. You know, witch hat w. feathers - fun dress, boots. I figure, why not? I've been Rock Star Mom for what, 4 years now? Time to change it up a bit while trick or treating.

Yawwwwn. Again.
Time to get back to the sofa, and try to actually sit still and finish watching a movie. It's funny, as relaxing as I try to make the day - the kids get to lounge around but I'm always moving. Cleaning something, cooking something, picking up something. Folding laundry, getting the book I forgot to bring down with me. Always something.

Which reminds me, I'm going to have to find the energy to get a run in later on today. I didn't make yoga - and ended up working out at the gym instead - and I won't get to go to yoga today, so -- a run it is. I downloaded a bunch of new music last night anyway so that should get me motivated.

Hmm. Didn't I just say I want to actually relax?
I need to find a "stop" button.

No comments: