Tuesday, October 09, 2007

So much to say!

What a weekend! Where to begin...?

Sunday, we went to the Topsfield Fair. Can I just tell you, the food is
out of control. Insane. You can have whatever you want - no matter how
traditional or obscure - they've got it there. It smelled so flipping
good, I didn't know where to start first. I could've eaten myself into
oblivion, yet somehow managed to maintain control. I don't know how I
passed up on some of my all time favorites such as chili and pumpkin pie
-- and yet, I did. What I did have, which I'm sort of not loving - but
had to try, was a funnel cake. All I've ever heard is, "you've got to
try one, they're awesome". They're...eh. At best. I did like that
they are lighter than fried dough, but I like traditional fried dough
better. I mean, if you're going to eat fried (which I never do!) it
might as well be really fried, right?

We had DVR'd the Pats game -- and so when we got home, it was crazy
catchup via DVR to get to the live Pats game portion - and flipping to
the Sox game during the interim. I think by 5 we were completely caught
up with both games. It was so exciting watching the games, though I
hate when they're on at conflicting times. I like when they follow each
other. It was like, all that hype - and then they were both over. But
with good results, which was great. I don't care what anyone says...if
the Sox don't extend an extension to Curt Shilling and keep Mike Lowell
-- it will be two of the biggest mistakes they'll have made recently.
Outside a few others which come to mind, but I won't repeat aloud.

Yesterday, we went to the Ringling Bros. Barnum & Bailey Circus. Love,
love, love the circus. I've been going every year for the last 6 years,
and each year they do something different. It's amazing. And the
talent is just crazy! The acrobats -- unbelievable. They even inspired
me to try some crazy handstand inversions at yoga last night! Sounds
corny, but I thought, "eh, how hard can it be?". Um, yeah - it's hard.
But still, I accomplished it - and I might not have even attempted it
had I not seen the circus that day. One thing I have to say, is that
all of the animals are gorgeous. Magnificent, really. And they just
seem happy to be there. You can tell the difference between an animal
who's got to be coaxed to do something, and one that just seems happy to
perform. No one lays a hand on them during the performance, outside of
affection (lots of patting and snuggling, esp. with the tigers! And the
cats themselves were having a big love fest down there. One of them
just kept grooming all the cats near him!) Speaking of cats, they had a
really cute act -- all domestic cats doing all sorts of tricks. And
they say that cats can't be trained? Hmmph. (flipping my hair.) I
can't encourage you enough -- if you haven't been to the circus before,
or it's been a long time -- trust me. It is really well worth it.

Side notes: The Yankees....O.M.G. First off, I'm glad they're out -
I'd prefer our chances against the Indians. But it's going to be so
very interesting to see the dissection of the team now, since clearly
Steinbrenner plans on cleaning house. The rumors are flying, and the
latest I heard was that Tony LaRussa is being named as "heir apparent"
to the Yankees coaching staff. Only time will tell.... And Dallas?
Bring it on baby. Bring. It. On. I don't know how the Bill's lost that
game.

Tom Brady v. Tony Romo?
Hmm. I'm thinking there's really no contest there....

So now it's back to the grind today.
But with a hair appointment at lunch time.
Which always makes a girl feel good!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Did I tell you the story about my dad and Tom Brady?

bigwhitehat said...

Last I checked, Brady and Romo won't be taking the field at the same time. I'm sure Brady is thinking about Ware more than Romo.

I'm personally worried about the Romo vs Romo problem. Forcing the ball on the Pats wont work. Ever.

It is clear that the odds are in the Pats' favor. But, I wouldn't put any money on it.