Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I'm all about the scents...

So, I've mentioned this before -- I'm very serious about my showers.
They're my only true sense of alone time, outside of my commute to work.
I long them long, hot and steamy.
They are by far, the longest part of my getting ready each day.
Total indulgence.

Soaps and shower gels are not only about cleanliness, but they're about
moisturizing - and for me ...a happy smell.
There's nothing like a yummy flavored smelling soap that makes me feel
absolutely amazing.
And I like to mix it up. I don't use the same soap brand, bar after
bar. That, would get boring. I change brands each time I open a new
bar.
Or change scents, at a minimum.

Right now, I'm using this Strawberry Guava Exfoliating bar; who makes it
escaping me at the moment, but it's this super thick bar of soap with
oatmeal in it for awesome exfoliation and it just smells delicious. I
also really like using Paul Mitchell Tree Tea Special Shampoo as a
shower gel.
Try it -- you'll totally understand why.

One of my girlfriends has gotten me obsessed with goat milk soap. It's
from this little company in NH, and they're called Stormy Moon Farm (
http://www.stormymoonfarm.com/). Their website does no justice because
it doesn't list all the flavors (also known as scents) - but trust me
when I tell you - amazing. And, they leave your skin so soft. She
picked up 4 bars for me over the weekend in the following delicious
"flavors": Very Vanilla, Vanilla Almond, Vanilla Lavendar, and Vanilla
Sugar. Plus, they're packaging is very fun...the soaps are wrapped in
pretty little fabric quarters.

Not only does a girl need to be clean - she needs to smell good too!
And that really is just a little thing to make me happy.
It truly doesn't take much.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Sounds right where I'd like to be right now!