Friday, October 19, 2007

With whipped cream and a cherry on top...

Sometimes work can be fun.
Sometimes like yesterday -- it's not.

The fun part of work - is the silliness that goes on.  Sometimes we really have a good time in my office.  Especially when there's something like a "Pie in the Face" contest.  It's a fundraiser that's going on, and all the money raised goes to charities.  We have the opportunity to place 25 cents on a person as a "vote" for them to get a pie in the face.  It's a ton of fun, both in the race to find the top 5 vote getters - as well as watching the people actually get the pie.

Last year, I was in the top 5, right until the last 20 seconds -- literally.  Someone threw money on someone else to save me. And this year is proving to be no different.  Actually, it's going a bit quicker and the votes are escalating earlier than before.  Somehow, I walked into work this morning and found that I've got 84 votes on me!  I laughed my ass off.  That's awesome!  I personally love this stuff, and you know what - I'm all girly girly and what not, but I'm all about having fun - and I'll take one for the team if I have to! If I get voted to have a pie in my face, you know what - it's going to suck for a minute - but then I'll laugh my ass off, and then go take a shower at the gym.  Isn't it worth it to have a great day with people we work with day in and day out -- and raise money at the same time?   I think it is.   And I have no idea who's doing it either -- which makes it even funnier.

Speaking of taking one for the team….how about those Red Sox?
Unbelievable game last night. I could not go to sleep until I saw Jonathan Papelbon's last pitch.  And then, I passed out.  I was a little concerned that he was shaking off Jason so much, and throwing so many balls - but then again, the umpire's strike zones over the last few nights have been crazy.  And I love Manny.  He's by far my favorite player, outside of Jason.  He always has been.  His laid back, having fun kind of attitude is why he is the amazing hitter he is.  He's unbelievable with a 0-2 count.  I love his quirkiness, his patience at bat, the fact that he lives in the moment when playing and just clearly loves the game.  Okay.  I'll stop gushing now.

I'm so looking forward to Shilling's pitching on Saturday.  I do think that this is going to be a great game for him.  And I think what will help him, is that it seems that the bats are coming alive again - and he just might have a little run support. 

My weekend's hoping to be nice if the weather holds out.  Yoga tonight…Dance Mom/Soccer Mom Saturday, and maybe a little Salem Haunted Happenings on Sunday.

And of course…Red Sox and Patriots inbetween it all.
Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Soo...did you get creamed? LOL.