Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Are you ready for some baseball...?

This afternoon, I had a fun little verbal jousting with an editor from the Tampa news. I should've forwarded the emails to myself at home so that I could share them with you, but didn't get the chance to; I will tomorrow though. He threw a fun little dig at Boston baseball fans - Red Sox Nation - and so my Mom who lives in Tampa - felt obliged to share it with me. Since he welcomed email responses, I in turn felt obliged to write. Though he wrote it in good fun, I'll still share it since it was interesting to hear perspective from a non-Red Sox fan. (Is there really such a thing?!?!)

The skies are clearing...and while the air is cold the dampness is leaving and it's turning into a great autumn night in Boston. Perfect for a little World Series ball, wouldn't you agree? You know, I've been thinking all day about how I'm not really up on the NL and don't know a whole heck of a lot about the Rockies, outside of a few bigger name players and even at that - I know little of them. I have heard that their line up is strong with no real weak part of the order, but I haven't heard much about their pitching staff. So I'm very interested to watch the at bats tonight and hopefully get a feel for the team.

A little sushi...a little spicy seafood soup...and a long night of baseball.
What a great way to break up the week!



What sport are you meant for??
created with QuizFarm.com
You scored as Baseball

You should play baseball, the true American sport. There's lots of positions to choose from, but the most important are pitcher and **catcher.


Baseball


67%

Track


67%

Volleyball


50%

Softball


33%

Ice Hockey


17%

Lacrosse


17%

Field hockey


17%

Tennis


17%

Football


17%

Soccer


8%

Basketball


0%

Golf


0%

Swimming


0%

**Well, we all know how I feel about the catcher!!

4 comments:

Big Ben said...

I just hope it is a good series, I want to see a game seven.

Tickled Pink And Green said...

I just did a Red Sox post with you in mind... ;-)

Suldog said...

My sister-in-law phoned me last night to ask why Yorvit Torrealba (and isn't that one of the great names ever in sports?) dove to stop a pitch when the bases were loaded. She asked me if the batter could run if the catcher missed the ball.

I told her that he's called a catcher because his job is to catch the ball.

God save me from once a year baseball fans...

ramblin' girl said...

All I have to say is...

GO ROCKIES!!!

very much non-Red Sox fan... but I do think it will be a great series... even after last nights pathetic 5th inning!