Monday, October 29, 2007

Happy. Excited. Tired.

So many thoughts this morning, after watching the World Series finale last night.
I went to bed finally at about 2:30, I just was so addicted to watching all the celebration.
It's funny how different winning felt this time, than in 2004.

This time, it was about baseball.
It wasn't about ghosts, or curses. It was about good baseball, good management - and an outstanding team effort.
Every single member of that team contributed when it counted.

And while so many thoughts have run through my head this morning about team trades, and who should stay - and who should be packaged off - I think that should be talk for another day.  Let's revel and enjoy in the glory of this team and this season.  Let's have the offseason begin next week and just appreciate all the players who made it happen this year.  Trust me, I've got lots of thoughts about next season and players trades, but those are conversations for another day.

It is so much fun watching everyone celebrate, and the emotions well up.  It's amazing seeing grown men, become 12 years old again.

I wished I could give my "boyfriend" Jason Varitek a huge hug!!!!!!!!  He was all choked up…gotta love a man comfortable with showing his emotions.

Happy World Series Celebration Red Sox Nation!

4 comments:

Suldog said...

Sox! Yes!

ramblin' girl said...

Congrats to the Sox... I can't say I'm happy about it, though... ;-)

Martie said...

I'm not much of a baseball fan myself.........so if you're happy the Sox won, it's okay by me! ;)

Susan said...

Very exciting (from another fellow Bostonian!)