Tuesday, October 30, 2007

So here's what is irritating me today...


1.  Alex Rodriguez can take his business elsewhere.  I'm sorry, didn't the Red Sox win the World Series?  So why is it that all day yesterday, ESPN led off their stories regarding baseball with Alex Rodriguez opting out of his contract, and the Steinbrenners' reaction to it? Seriously!  Who cares If Mr April isn't on the Yankees anymore?  All I know is that we won the World Series; he is a jerk for even announcing it to anyone during that time to prevent any supposed "leaks" of information; and Red Sox Nation doesn't want him here.  I'm sick and tired of hearing about him.  Now let's get back to celebrating!

2.  Since when is football a whining sport?  I've never heard so much crying, whining, whimpering and complaining in football in my life.  I thought it was a "man's man" kind of game?  You don't want the Patriots to score on you?  Then bring it!!  Do you want them to take a knee in the second quarter?  Because clearly it seems that everyone who has an opinion on televison seems to think Belicheck needs to send flowers and chocolates to the other team - maybe even kiss them too.  I'm sorry, but we'd been on the losing end for many years and it feels really good to see the Patriots playing so well over the past 6 years.  The Patriots used to be laughed at.  Not so much anymore.   Don't challenge the ability and ethics of a team just because you lose to them -- quit whining and bring your A-game.  Every team has a season - and this season is ours at the moment.

3.  Open work spaces are really beginning to grate on my nerves.  I sit in a quad with three other people, and I really enjoy them and their company.  But I really don't enjoy when someone eats something that smells disgusting.  Especially if it's a fully cooked meal, at like 8:30 in the morning.  I'm sorry, but I don't want to smell reheated bad fish, or garlicky beef stew -- or even a western omelet loaded with onions.  Can't I just enjoy the regular musty, mildewy smell that I've grown accustomed to?  Not only is it disgusting smelling food, but I feel like it lingers!!!  In my hair, on my clothes.  And then the aftersmell is almost worse than while they were eating it.  There has got to be a better way.  Maybe they should eat their food in the break room rather than at their desk.  And I would never say anything to anyone because it isn't anything personal against them - it's just, well - turns my stomach.  But that's my issue.  I'm sure I do things to irritate them at times so it's all a wash, right?

Truthfully, that's all that I'm spun up about today.  Which isn't a bad thing.  It's gorgeous out, and while I'm missing the Red Sox parade, there's always the DVR version that I'll get to watch when I get home.

1 comment:

Suldog said...

1 - Totally. See my blog today.

2 - Totally. The whiners and crybabies can all go rotate on a down marker.

3 - Thankfully, I do not have to subject myself to anything like that, working in a small office environment and having my own (small) office. I feel for you.

4 - See #1.