Thursday, October 04, 2007

So, I guess I got my answer....

Today has been interesting.

Aftermath of last night's Red Sox game - and the BEAUTIFUL pitch Beckett threw to end it all -- was lingering on everyone's conversations this morning, naturally. What a game. And, I really liked the early start
time! Only a half hour earlier than usual, but the game was done by what, 9pm? Plus, the unbelievable pitching didn't hurt any to speed up the game. I sort of liked that!

This morning, the body of Corporal Ciara Durkin came through Hanscom this morning, en route to her funeral. We all went outside to pay our respects -- which is a sombering way to start the day. It's always emotional for me, to see the families look at all of us watching them -- from within their limousine.


Moving on to the mid morning, I had a nice morning work wise. Not a heavy workload, a little customer support, nothing too mindbending which is always a good thing. And, I got to see some of my friends who work
in the other office that I don't get to see hardly ever because I don't stop by usually. But - then again, neither do they - stop by my area either...! But I digress....it was nice to have a change of scenery and sit in someone else's cube for a little while.


Which brings me to the worst part of my day thus far. Right before I was going to go to lunch w. my girl friends from work to celebrate a birthday -- I got an email. With clarification. And resolution. And finalization.

My venture is a dead deal. I'm so disappointed, you can't possibly imagine. THIS close.... And it all fell apart.
Truthfully, that's what happens when one isn't honest about their financials -- I mean, you can't expect a person to risk a chance on something that isn't stable. Just be honest. If you're on a decline, just state it. Don't make it come out at the last second before the deal is finalized.

I know that means that it "wasn't meant to be". And that it's better to find out now rather than later. Other opportunities will come - and I know when the right one does it will be for the right reason. I know
all the cliches and sayings and I get the whole optomistic outlook. I LIVE the optomistic outlook.

But, none of that makes me feel any better at the moment. And for once, I'm going to wallow for just a moment in some sadness of almost having the opportunity that I wanted -- happen.

3 comments:

Susan said...

I just got your real email about it, having been out of the office all afternoon. Sigh...I know you really wanted it but the next best thing is around the corner for you. I can feel it.

Lloyd L. Corricelli said...

Sorry to hear that because I know how much you wanted it. We can commiserate together since I'm not feeling all that great right now about any of my novels being published anytime soon.

Suldog said...

Sorry to hear about your bad news. I know it's a bit trivial in comparison, but perhaps the Sox will give you a bit more of a lift tonight? Here's hoping.