Thursday, September 04, 2008

What - and I'm not going to throw my hat in the ring?

So, WEEI is running this contest where a person could win and become a resident sports blogger for the station.

“Ding, ding, ding! And in this corner, out of the North Shore – is the less than flyweight “I’m Just a Girl”, weighing in with lots of wit, sarcasm, nostalgia - and just enough knowledge to make her dangerous…”

The downside to it all? The topic is very broad. It’s got to be about the Boston sports scene, which for a 500 word post is rather vague and difficult to capture. I mean, most blog posts are about specific items – rants so to speak - so I need to wrap my brain around how I want to approach this.


It’s almost more of a lesson in creative writing where your professor says, “write me a paper on sports”…and you have to try to come up with the most interesting and intriguing angle that is going to score you the “A”.

Which is leaving me wonder just what to write about?

I can write about anything – that's not the issue -- but what is going to score me that “A” that I really, really, really want.
(Hello, yes that’s me, Miss “Type A Over-Achiever” who wants to please the teacher. )

Give a girl a hand, and throw some topics at me, would you?

3 comments:

Susan said...

If I were you I'd write it like your first blog post for WEEI. What you hope to cover...how you plan to cover it, welcome comments, etc...that's just my opinion.

Suldog said...

I think they'd love a rant, especially from a female.

(I am not entering the contest because they've limited it to 500 words. That's like telling a 350-pound man that he can only have a half of a cheeseburger.)

Rebecca said...

Great call Sulldog -- I think I just got an inspiration for a topic. ;)