Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thoughts for Thursday.....

1. Clearly, I didn't get a Sox win for my birthday. (Or, a birthday wish from their Captain, but there's always next year....sigh.) While I've tried to remain cautiously optomistic that we could win the division -- I think it's time to accept and digest the fact that we are going to be playing the Angels. It's not to say that I don't think it's impossible to win against them -- I'm just suggesting that I'd have rather seen them not have to play them. Or I'd rather a 7 game series. Home field advantage would've been nice too. The month isn't over yet, but we all know that a tie with Tampa just isn't going to cut it, so...I'm hoping we can fix Byrd's tipping, have Mike Lowell not be completely incapacitated by that time, keep Papi's bat alive, have Wake's pitching straighten out, have middle relief be strong and effective should we need them, keep our Mr. October healthy - and a string of other things that are all a part of having the post season be a successful one!

2. I need to get back to working out quickly. I can't even begin to tell you how much of an impact not running or going to yoga has had on me! I haven't had the time since July to do it, between changes in work schedules, and my daughter going to school -- it's been impossible for me to find the time. The thing is I need to make the time. Not only because it's something I really enjoy - but because I feel such a difference since I've stopped. I've got less energy in the morning - I'm tired and draggy which is really not me at all. And truthfully, they're not only a hobby for me - but a part of my lifestyle. And so to have stopped is just killing me. I don't feel as happy as I normally am when I'm not working out. So, I think the one thing I need to do for myself is make the time to get back to yoga and running. And now with the cooler weather at night, it will be easier I think to squeeze a run in. In the summer it is so humid, that to run the lake at 3 in the afternoon was a killer. Sure, I did it - but running the lake on an 88 degree day isn't exactly an easy run. So this is really a good time to be able to get back into the swing of it.

3. I am so frustrated with this Casey Anthony drama. First of all, I do not agree at all with the protesters showing up at the Anthony home and harrassing her parents. Have some compassion people! I do, however agree with protesting about Casey, in general. I am hoping beyond hope that there is a reason as to why the police aren't pressuring her to speak -- nor why no one is pressuring her to look for her daughter or plead with the "kidnappers". This is one of the most disturbing cases I've heard about, and my heart breaks for little Caylee. Give me two days with Casey and I assure you, I'd get the information out of her....

4. This is fortunately my last week of uncertainty. Those plates I've been referring to should be all lined up in a row by tomorrow. A week off, but hey - that's okay. I've got choices, options, possibilities and potential. This is a good position to be in.

Will I end up with what I want?
I don't know. But I sure hope so....

3 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

I am terrified of that Toronto series. Thank God we end at home. Also, the Sox are playing great ball lately against any non-Tampa team and it seems the *only* team the Sunbeams have been able to beat lately *is* Boston, so there's that. I also get severely annoyed with the Tampa announcers saying over & over that the Sox only won one game in Tampa this year. Uhhh... last I checked, the Rays only won two in Boston. Not *that* much better. Also? Don't even get me started on the umpiring in the last two games. OMG.

Nichole M said...

I'll be going to the ALDS games here in Anahiem. While I'd love to see the Sox play, I'm not ashamed to admit I'm worried at what the Angels will do to them. They're *good*.

I totally hear you on the working out thing. When I started my new job at the beginning of the month, I couldn't figure out when to squeeze it in. Now I've sort of got a rhythm and am back to running... back up to 6 miles! I hope you can get back to it soon!

Caio said...

Hi,

I've read your blog and really liked it. I'm a Brazilian college student who will be going to Boston in December for 3 months to improve my English. I'd like to get in touch with people who live in Boston so that I could meet them after I arrive. In case you'd like to talk to me, please send a message to my e-mail: gimanske@gmail.com