Saturday, September 27, 2008

Still undecided....

Last night's debate was good. It was really, very good.
It was on point, and very informative; best of all, it wasn't nasty.

But I'm almost more unsure now than ever.

Obama is finesse; he comes across so warm and inviting. McCain, I think comes across a little more politician-like - and a little angry. But, I like that about him as well. I believe his passion for this country -- I believe him.

I only really took issue with two things Obama said he would change -- and the one that really stands out for me is the willingness to open communication lines with leaders of radical countries that have every intention to be harmful if they "don't get their way". I definitely stand firm with McCain on that one. There is no negotiating with those who don't respect the value of humanities. It's not an American issue - it's a human one.

But the truth of the matter is that for the first time in a long time -- they are both very good candidates. They both bring positive changes to the table - and they both have similar ideas on what they want - but different views on how to go about making them happen. And neither one is wrong per se, when looking at the big picture.

It's unfortuate that we couldn't have one as President and the other as Vice. I'm really quite pleased with both candidates thus far; and that makes the decision very difficult.

I am looking forward to the Vice Presidential debates because at this juncture -- I do not at all care for Sarah Palin; she's far too conservative for me on many issues. (Just wait until I get a rant going about women paying for rape kits! But I digress...) And Joe Biden, while I thought he had sound ideas when he was running for the Presidency, it's going to be interesting to hear how he has or hasn't changed them now that he's on the Obama ticket.

Where is Ross Perot when we need him?

4 comments:

Nichole M said...

I completely agree with you on the radical country thing. We just remembered 9/11 earlier this month and I thought: "How could anyone vote for someone who is willing to have 'talks without reservations' with the countries that seek to destroy us?"

I think both VP candidates are a little goofy. You make a good point about Palin, but Biden has a gaff almost every day. Either way, I don't think I'll vote based on VP candidates.

Rebecca said...

Nichole - I know, I said the same thing a few weeks ago - I'm not about to vote based on the VP's. And you are so right about Biden, wow is he a sound bite waiting to happen. :)

Hey, what did you think of the Grey's season opener? I thought it was a little disappointing....

Nichole M said...

I didn't see it! I know it's a crime. I'm totally in love with Fringe and Heroes. And I'm still watching Project Runway. But I definitely need to get back into Grey's!

chesneygirl said...

I do not care at all for Palin either.

And I was slightly disappointed with Grey's too. It was good, just now "season premier good," ya know?