Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's like push-pull...

I've got this love/hate thing going on with CNN's Nancy Grace.

I'm riveted, nightly to the show and all things Caylee Anthony. (Between the Sox games, of course. Which, might I add - I put a rant on the baseball blog I contribute to today, yet did not focus on our closer because truthfully - I don't think it's entirely his fault. But I digress....) And one of the shows that I can't resist watching, partly because she's focusing solely on this case - and partly because they go over every detail in depth - is Nancy Grace.

I'm always so shocked at how rude and condescending she is to her guests. Maybe they're prewarned ahead of time that this is her "schtick" - but it's sort of puts me off to see it.

Take Leonard Padilla for an example. I, always liked him and genuinely from the start believed his sincerity in that finding Caylee was his goal. Alive or otherwise, it was about her - and he knew that Caylee's mom was holding that key. So I don't begrudge him for wanting access to her to try to obtain that information we're all so desperately searching for. But Nancy Grace? She scoffed at his thoughts, and not matter what he said, she was convinced that he was out for money and publicity. Then, it was abundantly clear that he wasn't....

He went on her show last week before the bail was posted - and said a person from Nashville called him and asked if Casey Anthony was a flight risk; he then said in his opinion she was being bailed by a television production company and that a movie or book deal was in the works. Rolling her eyes and snorting, she basically laughed out loud at the the thought. But wouldn't you know.....it wasn't so off the mark, now was it.

Now - of course she's hanging on his every word. And she does this to everyone --- her panel of experts she'll villify - and then go to them for their expert advice. I get that this is television, but seriously? I'm almost embarrassed for some of the panel after they're borderline ridiculed on national television.

This being said, I love her for being so emotionally involved with the cases she covers.
So I guess it's a true case of ying and yang.
With the good comes the bad.

So while I love watching her, I have to almost suppress the want to reach out and slap her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so totally in agreement with you! I, too, watch the show for the latest on Caylee, but I'm so offended by the way she cuts off and belittles some of her guests.