Monday, September 15, 2008

Clearly it's a full moon....

Because that can be the only reason as to why I had a blonde moment today. And I don't mean just any blonde moment - I mean a Mother of All Blonde Moments. I'm even embarrassed to admit that this happened. However, if one can't laugh at one's self -- who can one laugh at it?

I don't make mistakes often -- but when I do, boy do I make HUGE ones.

Guess who backed right into the garage door today?
Ayup. That'd be me, right here.


You know, I thought the door was open - I thought I'd heard it and you know how you're just on autopilot - I swore I'd heard it open and assumed I must've hit the garage door opener without even realizing I did it.
(Yes Dad, I know -- thats why you never assume. It makes an ass out of you and me. Sigh..)

And back I went.

Yeah, that sickening sound of wood crunching and glass shattering was a clear indicator that I had not opened the garage door after all. (ding! ding! ding!) One would think that checking the rear view mirror before pulling out would be an option...but no, not for this girl. I was other wise preoccupied and evidently threw caution to the wind.

Nice.

Okay. The upside to this, is that I didn't pull out so quickly that I broke the mechanism to the door; it still will go up and down -- with help of course. So I'm thinking (hoping, praying) that the handyman who comes tomorrow will concur with my thought of it being salvageable by repairing the wood. It's really only the wood panels and the bottom of the frame that needs fixing. Along with two panes of glass....

Um...Hi, I'm Rebecca and I'm clearly a dumbass.
(Feel free to laugh, make funny comments. They're well deserved...)

4 comments:

Suldog said...

Oh, geez. My latest post was about locking the keys in the car, and I called myself an imbecile. I've never backed the car into a garage door, thankfully. There but for the grace of God...

Rebecca said...

Hi Anonymous --
Thank you! :) I appreciate it....

Suldog,
LOL..... I know. Like I said, I don't do this kind of stuff often, but when I do... ;)

Rebecca said...

LOL, might I be sensing a NYJets fan in the house...? ;)

Nichole M said...

Ha! Yes, we've all had those moments. Like in one of the first New England winters I had ever experienced, I thought it would be fun to back into a snow bank that happened to be behind me. It would explode, like when you see the trucks plowing through snow on commercials. Except in the middle of my snow bank was a guard rail.

Oops.