Monday, September 08, 2008

You can't believe everything you hear, The diegetic world is so unclear...

There is just so much to talk about this morning!
If only I had my own talk radio show… how fun would that be!
Let’s get started….shall we?

1. Okay, what’s hot on everyone in Boston’s mind at the moment is.... what are the results of Tom Brady’s MRI going to be? This girl thinks it’s an ACL issue. The severity of which clearly is yet to be determined. Why do I think that? Well, his knee was pretty staunchly locked just as he was hit - and then it was turned forcefully. Besides, dont' we all jump to "ACL" with a knee injury?We can assume it’s not as severe as when Rodney Harrison needed to be carried off of the field; however – I work with someone who had a torn ACL and he was able to walk until such time as he had his surgery – which was not immediately. It was his second ACL replacement/repair – and so in my “personal and entirely unprofessional and unfounded medically” opinion – this leads to me believe that there can be degrees of severity with regards to an ACL injury.
a. Yes, we won – but didn’t you feel like it was by the skin of our teeth? I think Matt Cassell performed well due to the fact that he was given lots of protection – which is a great thing. And of course, we’re talking about the Chiefs; it will be interesting to see what happens when we play against the Jets. I’m all for letting the back up do some work, but after this pre-season and seeing the performance of our now “go to” guy – it’s a scary, scary prospect. Fortunately there’s talk about bringing some experienced quarterbacks to the team…

2. Suddenly, we’re in a Pennant Race! Okay, maybe not so suddenly – but this Tampa Bay series is going to be so much fun to watch. It’s great watching all the time - but when the games really mean something with regards to standings, they’re that much more enjoyable. There’s a decent chance of us taking over the division this week. And then, if we do – can we hang onto it? Tomorrow’s game is truly going to be a hot one to watch….DiceK v. Kasmir. All eyes on pitching…

3. Well aren’t the MTV VMAs are so different from typical award shows. Unfortunately, I went to bed before getting to see my girl Christina Aguilera perform, or Kid Rock – whom we all know I love, love, love. (I can’t help it, it must be that “bad boy” thing you know!) The performances that I did see were really good; though I have to say – the whole time I watched Lil Wayne I wanted to ask him if he “needed to use the potty”. Surely this is a sign of my being a mother, if when I see a rap star grabbing his crotch throughout the whole performance and all I can think of is “do you need to pee?” Katy Perry is no Madonna by the way, I think the aging Material Girl can feel safe knowing that no one can coo that song as well as Esther herself.

a. Britney Spears’ being awarded the first award of the night seemed contrived and truthfully her video isn’t really all that good. I thought she looked all doe eyed and innocent in either a faux or “I’m completely on mood stabilizers to an excess” kind of way. Her “I’d like to thank God (ya’ll)” seemed about as sincere as Paris Hilton finding Jesus. The only thing about Britney that I thought looked good – were her arms. She looks like she’s either been lifting or doing yoga. I’m going off on a rant here, but truthfully – it’s hard to feel good and nice about a girl who’s completely tried to take advantage of the system – and oh by the way – became a drug addict along the way. Bi-polar my ass. Out of control and overindulgent? Now you’re talking.


Her mom is coming out with a “tell all” book, which says her daughter lost her virginity long before she supposedly “lost it” to Justin Timberlake who said he “should know” that he was the first (surprise, surprise) . He has owned those bragging rights since their breakup when the Spears camp was still protesting that she was going to be a virgin until marriage. This is wrong on so many levels! First of all, parents should never have a tell all book on their child. Is there nothing sacred in that family?!? Do all of their children just symbolize a dollar sign to those people?!? You don't pimp your children.

Here’s the thing – who cared really whether she was or wasn’t a virgin? But of all the things to fake – why would you choose that as a marketing campaign? There are so many other angles to take – women are scrutinized and dragged through the mind about their sexuality on a regular basis – right, wrong or otherwise. (It is horribly wrong in my mind.) So why choose abstained innocence as your calling card when it’s not the truth? Britney was cute, quasi talented –and highly marketable. There was no need to go there. And that’s partly the reason why I think she became so lost in the industry. If it’s okay to lie to the masses, and make billions of dollars by not following any rules – why would there need to be any types of self honesty or rules in life period?


That family seems to have no principles, no integrity of character – and unfortunately, as always - it is the children who suffer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This... was just a brilliant rant. Thank you.