Friday, September 12, 2008

Finishing. Finalizing. Friday.

I just submitted my blog entry to WEEI. Will it be selected? If I was a gambling girl, I'd say probably not. First off, I couldn't contain it to 500 words no matter how I tried. It wasn't any one specific topic - and so it was hard to be that brief. However, I did look at some of the other submissions and a few ran over as well. While two wrongs don't make a right by any stretch, I was comfortable with what I wrote given the lack of clarity for topic and just went with it. Hey, if you don't try - you'll never know, right?

Speaking of never trying or knowing....Plate number two is just hanging in the balance at the moment. Don't they understand that this "not knowing" does a number to a girl's anxiety levels? Fortunately, I'm a cool and collective person who internalizes. Internalization is a wonderful tool, especially if you're trying to be discreet.

Have I mentioned before how awful the smell is in my building, by the way. Well it just keeps getting worse. This morning, the smell coming out of the air conditioning vent over my head reeked so badly of something horrible, I could practically taste it! I had to leave the space, and since then my throat and eyes have been bothering me. I wrote a funny post last year about how it smelled like "sour ass" -- this is so beyond that smell now, it's worse than eating dirty hockey equipment. Can I get any more visual for you? If you've ever smelled dirty hockey equipment -- that's how bad it smells.

I am beyond thrilled to see this week come to an end. And while I don't have all the clarity that I'd hoped to have at this point, that's okay. It's Friday, I'm going home to put on warm fuzzy pajamas and hang out with the kiddies. Maybe indulge in some cheap Chinese food, a good glass of wine - and no word of a lie - I'm putting a log in the fireplace. Even though it's not quite that cold today, it's just the nice, relaxing final touch to the week that this girl is looking for.

2 comments:

Suldog said...

Warm fuzzy PJs, chinese food, wine - that sounds like a wonderful weekend. I hope you have one!

Oh, and good luck on the 'EEI thing.

Peter N said...

Hi to you..it's been a long time since I've left a comment...I hope this finds you well....Peter