Sunday, September 21, 2008

Thank God it's going to be a "bye" week...

For more reasons than the obvious...

Ugh. Not a great showing for the Pats. I can't remember the last time they looked that bad.

It's been a long time. And it's not entirely Matt Cassel's fault. The defense looked horrible. HORRIBLE. It was really not an enjoyable game to watch. I'm surprised they actually got one touchdown. There was no silver lining in the clouds today...


Other than the Red Sox win. And how Dice K managed to get out of the second or third inning with men on 1st and 3rd still blows me away. I can't believe he went 7 innings either. He is the most frustrating pitcher to watch. I don't care for him, at all.


However, the other reason why I'm happy that there's no game next Sunday is because man, do I eat when it's afternoon football Sundays. I ate so much that I think I need to binge and purge. Kidding - I enjoy food far too much to ever have an eating disorder, no matter how disgusting I feel at the moment. Besides, let's be honest - purging is far more disgusting than however I may feel at the moment. (No offense to any of my eating disorder friends...!)


Sundays, football and cooking go hand in hand for me. There were pickys all day -- between chips, and salsa and guacamole (that truly wasn't all that good...the avacado's weren't ripe enough), and cake...and baking pumpkin pie....and making a huge roast beef with roasted squash, sweet potatoes, and russets.


Thank God I'm going to start running again tomorrow - come hell or high water. Back into 5k mode once again.

And thank God the Patriots have an extra week to try to figure out how to fix their team.

1 comment:

~**Dawn**~ said...

Defense? The Patriots had a defense today? =P

What kills me is that I get to see them play only once or twice each season. And *that* was what I had to endure?? Bleh.

Another silver lining: Not only did the Sox win, but the Rays lost. And now they play 8 games in 7 days on the road while we head back to friendly Fenway. GO SOX!!