Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thoughts for Thursday....

1. It's been 7 years since September 11th and the tragedy that befell the nation that day. And yet, when seeing footage of the plane(s) making impact on the tower(s) - it still feels as raw to me as if it just happened last week. The visuals still take my breath away. It's amazing to think that it's been that long -- and at the same time, a part of me feels that we should feel thankful that it's been that long since an attack. When you think of how we live in such a free society -- we're pretty much fair game, at any time.

All of the political banter about Iraq, and whether we should be there or not, or why we were there to begin with -- should not be an issue. At least not today. We weren't in Iraq when the attacks happened -- nor have we had an attack since. And this is a good thing. Are they subsequently connected? No, I think not. I think terrorists are opportunists - and weilding the sword of the unknown is their weapon. I think today we as Americans should be thankful for our families, our health - and throw the politics to the wayside. Today is about The United States of America and remembering those who were casualties of fanatacism - by fanatics who had no care as to who was in Presidential Office at the time it happened.

2. Last night's game was not fun to watch. Not even a little. It was frustrating. And heartbreaking. And I don't want the Sox to play the Angels. There, I've said it.....
Oh - and note to JD Drew... "huh?!!!!??". I've always said that he was the "new Trot Nixon". And he just keeps on proving my point. Can anyone say..."Diva"...?


3. The Patriots aren't rushing to bring a seasoned quarterback to town it seems. Very interesting. (code: scary!) What's piquing my interest even more, was that on my way in this morning I was listening to the Zone for a few minutes and heard that an irate Bridget Moynihan called in this past Monday. This girl would love to have been able to hear that on-air conversation....

4. So, an update on those plates.....the third plate has landed as of presstime. Still waiting on the second one, but that should fall in the very near term - possibly this afternoon, but more than likely tomorrow. And then I can honestly say that my plates will not only be on the table -- but very, very full.

5. I need shoes. Badly. And lots of them. Fortunately, DSW has been sending me umpteen coupons online, in the mail - in email - and guess what? It's this girl's birthday month which means I get some extra special discounts or something like that. Whatever it is, I'll take it. DSW and Burlington Coat Factory -- I'm coming knocking on your door, and I've got cash......

6. And finally... be good to yourself - and each other.
(Okay, so Jerry Springer is the one who made that notable - but still, it's a great thought for the day, don't you agree?)

2 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

Wait! Wait! What did I miss about JD Drew while I was away?! I like him! And Trot was one of my favorite Sox...

Suldog said...

The Angels look like the ones to beat, that's for sure. I'm definitely a-scared.