Thursday, September 18, 2008

If life hands you a bushel of lemons...

Go make yourself some lemonade, God damn it.

I didn't get great news last night; the business venture has been put on hold yet again....
I know that everything happens for a reason, but when you're this close, it hurts.
And, it's frustrating. The whole reason why I wanted to do a startup was because the business that was this close -- fell through last year (same time last year, interestingly enough).

Truthfully, it was a very expensive startup; had the location been a different one, the cost would have been lower, less buildout expenses – and I would be a very happy girl this morning.
Instead, here I sit disappointed – and drinking a cup of lemonade that I wished had just a bit more sugar in it….

So where to go from here? Well, I’ve got my back up plan – which isn’t what I wanted, but still at the same time, it’s better than not having a plan at all.

And now to think of the future.


I will have my business. It will just take some time in finding a spot that needs less work – or possibly even revisiting buying an existing shop in the right location.


Plus there are other things that I love. I’m not seeing any rules in the WEEI sports blogger contest that prohibits multiple submissions, so I’ll enter a few more times and see what happens. My original goal in life was sportscasting, and we all know I’ve always not-so-secretly wanted to get into the broadcasting medium – radio or television – so who knows.

I may not be happy where I am careerwise today – but it’s not for a lack of trying.
And I’m not about to give up either.


2 comments:

Martie said...

Good for you.........don't ever give up. You can veer a little off course, but don't ever give up or compromise what you want!

I'm going to keep good thoughts and prayers that all your dreams will come true.....sooner, rather than later!

Hugs

Nichole M said...

Oh, I'm sorry it didn't work out. I know how much you've been hoping and planning and working on it. I'm impressed by your positive outlook... keep it up!