Monday, September 29, 2008

"Television enables you to be entertained in your home by people you wouldn't have in your home."

*sneeze...cough, sneeze*

Seems like I've caught myself a bit of a cold over the weekend. It's hit me like a ton of bricks, so quickly! I'm hoping it doesn't become bronchitis or pneumonia, as we all know how prone I am to that kind of thing. It's funny, I'm sick but once a year or so - and it's always a doozy. Anyway, it did afford me the opportunity to watch some television this weekend, which led me to my following thoughts:

1. Grey's Anatomy's season opener left me rather cold. Sure, I was excited as all get up to see my *friends* come back to entertain me, but outside of the fact that McSteamy had some great lines this week -- the drama that unfolded was so contrived and cutesy -- it really left me thinking that it was a lousy way to open the season. I get the whole "reacquainting" the viewers with the storyline, but it just seemed to me that there could've been a better way to open the season than with the only drama being three friends who crashed in a limosiene -- and their three husbands *coincidentally* crashed as well, and their sordid lives intertwining almost as severely as their car wrecks. Eh. Just fell flat for me.

2. Thank God for DVR! Because this fall causes so many television conflicts for this girl, you can't imagine. First off, we start with Sunday...."Dexter" & "True Blood" are both on at the same time! And then "Entourage" is on afterwards - but seriously, I just can't stay up until 11pm on a *school night*. So that's a Monday night catchup - if there's time after True Blood. And then in October on Tuesdays "Living with the Wolfman" on Animal Planet is going to be my fix for that night. Just wait until "Big Love" comes back...hopefully that will fill the mid-week. Thursday is "Greys' Anatomy night...and then there's Friday which doesn't have anything good on ever. That's pretty much just an "On Demand" kind of evening. Never mind that fact that it's hello - Soxtober, which means baseball is going to take precedence over anything else.

So now, if you don't mind -- I'm going to go take my temperature, because the truth of the matter is....I feel a fever coming on. I need to nip this in the bud because I've got one flipping day off between jobs and I have a date with the Wrentham outlets that day - that I refuse to miss!

8 comments:

Welcome to MollyWood! said...

Ok - first, I agree with most points of Grey's except - Christina TOTALLY should have gotten it on with the hot Army Doctor...who is obv coming back.

Second - Zycam is the greatest cold drug in the universe, I highly reccomend it.

Third - I'm not sure where I'm moving or if I'm moving. Boston is one option right now, there have been some new developments since Friday, which I will fill everyone in on as soon as I know more.

Fourth - I'm still not so taken with Kid Rock (the screaming doesn't do it for me) but I liked what he said on Ellen.

Peace out!

Suldog said...

Is the quote from Fred Allen? It sounds like him.

~**Dawn**~ said...

I did like the fact that McRambo breathed a little va-va-voom into Cristina, because holy crap, enough of her being so angry. I am not sure how I felt about the whole "angry Rose" angle. I mean the reaction was realistic and the snarkiness made me laugh but... I don't know. I think the biggest problems were a) you can't make a two-hour episode out of what should have been a one-hour episode because a two-hour episode needs to be edge-of-your seat so it doesn't feel painfully long and b) it was going to be really hard to top last season's finale.

My DVR gets a real workout this time of year: new tv, baseball playoffs, football season. My head spins. Sunday: Dexter. Monday: Boston Legal. Tuesday: Fringe. Wednesday: Lipstick Jungle & Private Practice. Thursday: Grey's. Friday: Ghost Whisperer. Saturday: catch up on the shows I haven't watched yet. Mix in a healthy does of baseball & football. It's a good thing I multitask while I watch tv or I would get nothing done!

Rebecca said...

Ooh you guys are totally right - I completely forgot to add a thought on the new "Mc" MD in town!

He is one of my new favorite televison actors! And it's going to take some time for me to not think of him as Lucius Verenus from HBO's "Rome", another unbelievable series that I hated to see end...

Oh - and Suldog, I think it's actually a David Frost quote... :)

Anonymous said...

Honey,

I hope you feel better. I'll give you a call tomorow during lunch, just to check on you....

I have lots I have to tape, because there seems to be so many opposite each other, but you said Friday night is a "nothing on tv night"?? My favorite show of all, since its inception premiers this FGriday night.....Ghost Whisperer and I'm surprised you don't watch it. I love, love, love Jennifer Love Hewitt in the role she plays.

Rebecca said...

Molly - Yes, LOVE Zycam, I usually take it the second I feel something coming on - but this came on so quickly - I was already sick before I knew it.

Mom - I'll probably have no voice come tomorrow. Thinking its going to be bronchitis -- high fever and cough right now. Oh well...

Anonymous said...

My new favorite blog!! -Curt

Rebecca said...

Hey "curt" -
Welcome. :) Play nice, ok.... ;)