So here in lies my dilemma for today.
I'm changing companies, and not sure of the effective date. The contingent offer letter states the 17th; but yesterday I was verbally told that might not happen - it may be the 30th. Which certainly makes it difficult for me to "give notice" though my current company is well aware that they're losing me. They don't have a choice but to lose me - but if I don't give my notice officially, I'd hate to have them turn of my benefits and pay if the start date of the new contract has changed. And though I've asked for clarification from my "new" company to be -- I've not received answer. See the pickle I'm in?
Which has gotten me wanting to think about something more frivolous, say....American Idol. I'd say the sports - but I'm not loving what's coming out of Spring Training at the moment with injuries and potentially pitchers not going to Japan (Hello Dice-K, yes - this whole "Japan" trip was about YOU. What do you mean you're not going?!?!), so I'm going to stick with the very benign topic of television. Here goes....
1. American Idol: Okay, I know I went on record before saying I thought David Archuletta would win, but I take that back. David Cook is my choice at the moment. Love, love, love him. This year is just so talented, there are so many that I want to see make it to the end. And while Christy Lee Cook has a pretty voice, last night's rendition of "Eight Days a Week" was beyond pitiful. As Simon Cowell would say.."If I'm being completely honest…." , it sucked Christy. Really bad….
2. My latest Guilty Pleasure: Family Guy. Okay - I hated this show. With a passion. But I've grown to love it over the past few months. And seriously, Stewie - who was my least favorite, has brought me over to the dark side and now I love him. LOVE HIM. "Tan is not a skin color, it's a life style…watch my tan walk Brian, did you see it?…".
3. Escape to Chimp Eden: First of all, this guy Eugene has to be the cutest animal person alive. I have never, ever seen a good looking wildlife person on television! They're all so "living in the jungle" weather worn. But, take that aside - it's really a wonderful show that has become one of my favorites on Animal Planet. Its won a spot on DVR rotation.
4. Grey's Anatomy: April can not come fast enough. I need to know what's going on with my imaginary friends at Seattle Grace!! And rumor has it that Addison is going to make a surprise appearance in an episode or two; smart to keep the waters in Seattle warm because truthfully, "Private Practice" was rather, er…painful.
5. And finally…..clearly ideas for new shows come further and further between. Though I haven't watched "New Amsterdam", it eerily reminds me of "Quantum Leap" which I did not care for at all; that stupid lie detector show on Fox is nauseating. Again, I haven't watched it - wouldn't give up my precious time to do so. "PussyCat Dolls: Girlalicious", ugh they couldn't have come up with a better name for it? How cheesy! And this batch of girls to me - don't seem nearly the caliber of the girls from last season. Thank god the writer's strike is over and some of the better television shows that had looked so promising at the beginning of the season - might actually come to fruition and live up to their expectations.