Friday, March 21, 2008

Here comes Peter Cottontail...hoppin' down the bunny trail!

And this girl has yet to buy Easter goodies for the kiddies to find on Easter morning.  But I'm working on it….!


I've got a relatively busy weekend lined up, and so that's put a kink in my shopping time.  Tonight, I'm having dinner with some girls to celebrate my friend Michelle's 30th birthday.  We're going to a Japanese steak house which is always a lot of fun with a group.  I'm so sorry to say I forgot to bring my camera with me to work; I'd hoped to get some great shots, but no such luck…could be because I've got yet another rip-roaring headache that's clouding my thoughts!  Nothing a little alcohol can't fix hopefully - because nothing else is working thus far.  Hello tequila….this girl might be calling your name tonight.   And, since I'm not a big drinker by nature - one drink just might do the trick!


Then tomorrow night, I have a surprise birthday party at yet another Japanese restaurant.  Clearly, in honor of the Red Sox I'm having a Japanese themed weekend!  (No, honestly - I didn't plan it that way, it really just worked out that way!!)   So tomorrow afternoon will be fun time w. the kiddies, with some cooking and baking for Easter - and then a little celebrating in the evening.  It's been some time since I've had grown up time on both weekend nights and I am so ready for it.


Sunday morning will be the best part of the weekend though.  I can't wait to videotape the kids trying to eat as much candy as they can before breakfast!  I've gotten smarter about how many jellybeans or chocolates I place in each egg that they find.  The big chocolates and such go in the basket and they know they can't open any of those until later on; but the special eggs the Easter Bunny hides, well -- those are sort of fair game.  Hey, it's one day a year that I let them eat candy  before breakfast!  I don't do candy in the Christmas stockings, so…


You know what really the best part is?  My son still believes.  Even when he sees "the Easter Bunny" someplace, he rationalizes that the real Easter Bunny is a real live bunny and that the ones we see out are his "helpers".  And that folks, is one he came up with all by himself.  That is a child who enjoys the belief.    Clearly that apple didn't fall too far from the tree…





No comments: