Monday, March 24, 2008

She put the lime in the coconut, and drank them both up...

Seemingly, this light and oh so yummy food has been on my mind the last 36 hours.
I had an amazing shrimp and coconut tempura at this unbelievable pan-asian restaurant Saturday night.  I don't even eat tempura regularly because I’m not a big fried food kind of girl - but this was absolutely "out of control good".  And since the menu was preselected, it was a  "when in Rome" scenario.  But I'm glad that I ate it because it was... wonderful.  (How many descriptive and positive adjectives could I fit in this post?  Stay tuned to find out, because I'm still writing!)



Which brings me to a delicious dessert I had on Easter.  While I've always admittedly been a big fan of Ina Garten aka "Barefoot Contessa", I have to say that I've absolutely fallen in love with one of her boxed mixes: Creamy Coconut Cupcakes.  First off, let me just say that if you love macaroons -- then you will love, love, love this recipe.   While they don't taste exactly like a macaroon - they have a heavy, chewy density that a macaroon has.  This is a cupcake with substance!!  And the cream cheese frosting with the coconut is in a phrase, "to die for".   The box only makes 10 cupcakes and trust me when I tell you, they are going to be the best 10 cupcakes you've had in a long time if either you make them -- or you're the recipient of someone having made them for you!



And then today, in the funny little emails that go around in work - one of them had a list of 10 different foods/fruit to choose from - with each one being supposedly symbolic of a personality type.  So the way that works is that you pick a fruit and then scroll to the bottom and see if it fits your personality.  Seeing coconut on the list -- naturally, that is what I selected!   And funny enough, it was pretty spot on to me! 


So here is my personality based upon my affection for coconut:



  COCONUT - The coconut is a serious, very thoughtful and contemplative person. Though you enjoy socializing, you are particular

  about the company you keep. You tend to be stubborn but not necessarily foolhardy. Shrewd, quick-witted and alert, you ensure that you are right

  on top of any given scenario, especially at work. You need a partner with brains, and while passion is important it certainly isn't everything for you.




No comments: