Wednesday, March 19, 2008

C'mon get happy!

I've mentioned many times how I'm often told that I wear rose colored glasses. It's true, I do tend to see the positive that can come out of even the most adverse situations; but I've never quite understood why it's been said to me in an accusatory manner - as if I don't see the reality around me. That's not entirely true. Of course I see the reality of the negative side of life - or the situation that one may be in. It's that I choose not to dwell on it and work away from it, rather than letting it overtake the situation or my state of mind. I don't subscribe to "woe is me" - and quite honestly don't like to see others do that either.


So here are a few positive and encouraging thoughts that I whole heartedly subscribe to -- and thought I'd share them today.

**************************************


Fall in love again and again with each moment of your life. It is yours. Own it - and embrace it.

The wind blows, the sun shines, night falls, and some days bring brutal cold while others offer stifling heat. There is beauty, there is tragedy, and there is exquisite fulfillment along with bitter disappointment.

You have the unique, unmatched good fortune of being you, right here and right now. Take a brief moment to realize and remember who you truly are.

Life is whatever you can sincerely imagine it to be. Those possibilities that you conceive of, understand, and value are the ones you bring to life.

Every thought, every word, every action matters, and adds to the substance of your life. When all that you do faithfully expresses the person you are, life is filled with richness and meaning.

Working your way purposefully and persistently through life's challenges will create great and lasting value. With each difficulty you grow stronger and more capable.

Whatever happens, there is a way forward. Remember that...
Out of any circumstance, you can find a positive pathway. In any situation, there is the opportunity to create success.

It seems fair and reasonable to expect your problems to be solved by the people who caused them, but stop and think about it. Do you really wish to give those people who caused your problems any additional control over your life and your future?

Real success does not result from everything going perfectly. Real success comes when you're willing to move forward no matter what may happen.

Think of the best possible thing that you could accomplish today, and then ask yourself this. What would be even better?

Realize that the best is yet to come. Then get busy and make it happen.

2 comments:

Suldog said...

"You make each day special just by being you. There's only one person in the whole world like you, and people can like you just the way you are." - Fred Rogers

Rebecca said...

I totally LOVED Mr Rogers....!

hahaha, clearly no surprise there!