Thursday, March 20, 2008

Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japansese - I really think so!

So, Red Sox Nation is very proud of their team today....very proud.
Not only did they unite for something they believed in, and which quite honestly was not a fair situation -- they did it in a manner that was classy and respectful, which is just one of the many reasons this organization and group of players so very special. 

(I'm sorry, but I must gush for just a second about Jason.  Did you see him on television interviewing about the boycott?  Be still my beating heart!!!!!)

That being said…it is going to be so exciting to see the response in Japan to their arrival and the games -- though the impact on how it will affect the season when they return is going to be interesting.  Such a long road trip… and so much travel.  Of course, I'm not regurgitating anything new here - everyone clearly feels the same way.  But it certainly is an exciting time none the less, and an experience that not everyone gets to have, so….

I can't wait for opening day at Fenway.  I'm not sure when the first game I'll get to is, but - I'm thinking I'll need to fit some time in April into my schedule if I can.  I usually go to the Patriots Day game, which is usually mid-April.

In the meantime, I'll be living vicariously --  watching the games and eating sushi!

Domo Origato….  

No comments: