Saturday, August 11, 2007

The weekend review...

Okay, so I'm a loser. Not in the true sense of the word, but wow did I feel like one when we showed up to the long awaited, much anticipated Tomato and Corn festival -- only to discover....it's next weekend. They must've changed the date! I saw the dates online shortly after they posted the event at the beginning of the summer, and so we'd been planning around it. Never bothered to re-check it. Never even entered my mind! (Hi, I'm Rebecca, and I'm a blonde....). So, next weekend we'll have to miss out on a barbecue that we were scheduled to attend, because nothing can get in the way of our attending this shin dig. Nothing.

Anyway, Friday night's TGIF Yoga and shopping night was fun. I bought a fun shirt from Lululemon. Love, love, love it. It's white, and it's so fun. Great for yoga... and equally great for going out with a skirt or fun pants on. If they weren't so expensive, I'd have bought more, but truly my budget this month just doesn't allow for $80-$100 pants. Or, anymore $50 shirts. Following the shopping, myself and two of my friends went to the aforementioned Martini Bar that has gone downhill horribly since being renovated. The martini's are much smaller; the service was horrible. And the clientele left something to be desired. Not sure I'll be going there all that frequently unless there's really no place else to go to...

And then yesterday...the Fisherman's Feast in the North End. Nothing says "lovin' life" like a good arancini and a sweet slush when traipsing through Hanover and Salem streets. The feasts are my favorite part of the summer, and unfortunately in some ways....significant of the season coming to an end.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Love the shirt!

Greens and Pinks said...

I looove the shirt! Looks perfect for yoga :)

Martie said...

Cool shirt! I haven't even had a chance to try yoga yet. Maybe tomorrow....I'll let you know. My schedule is all screwed up; hubby started 2nd shift today and I'm SOOOO confused!

BTW, Naive says 'HI"!

Suldog said...

You know, I did the same thing with a concert once. My buddy, Fred, and I went to Providence to see AC/DC. We found a spot to park right near the Civic Center and thought oourselves quite lucky. Then when we walked over, we saw the place dark, checked the tickets, and went, "D'Oh!" The concert was next week.