Thursday, August 09, 2007

It's those changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes...nothing stays quite the same


So, my plans for the upcoming Jimmy Buffett concert have been dashed.
Out of the group of us who were planning on going….there's only 3 of us now. And one of them is famous for cancelling last minute.


Truthfully, Buffett is a large group experience. Some concerts, it doesn't matter if there's only 2 of you. And I suppose with Buffett, it would be okay. But not nearly the experience that is with a group.

So, with a heavy heart - I'm selling my tickets.
It was a piece of cake to get them, so….we'll just try again next year.

But you know, with every down - there is an up.
Ying and Yang.

Instead of going to Buffett, on that same date - I'll instead, be participating in a fundraiser for the Jimmy Fund. We'll be doing 108 Sun Salutations at the yoga studio I go to. It will be a physically challenging event, which I personally find to be a lot of fun! Will I be able to complete 108? I don't know. The goal isn't necessarily to complete it, but to participate. Of course, my personal goal is to complete it all.

So, I suppose after the physical experience of the Sun Salutations, I'll hit the bar w. a few of my yoga girlfriends after for a few Margaritas and cheeseburgers.

In honor of Buffett -- and my missing the concert, naturally…!

5 comments:

Greens and Pinks said...

Rebecca - can you let me know the details of the Jimmy Fund yoga fundraiser? That sounds AWESOME!

Susan said...

Awww...who did you sell your tickets to?

chesneygirl said...

Kind of a bummer... but at least you found something else to do that you're excited about.

Good luck!! :)

Big Ben said...

Sometimes I wish I had a pencil thin mustache.

Suldog said...

I'm always glad to support The Jimmy Fund. It's one of my favorite charities. If you could let me know the details, perhaps I could help out with a small donation, also?