Monday, August 06, 2007

It's like my television threw up!

You know, I've often said I’m not a huge fan of reality shows, let alone those that focus on celebrities.
However, I found myself trying to watch A&E's "The Two Coreys".

Wow. If that isn't a horribly produced, overacted, not at all "real" reality show (wow, how's that for an oxymoron, is there really such a thing??) - I don't know what is.

It's almost as if it's a show that Corey Feldman figured was a way he could get his career jumpstarted, his wife who obviously and painfully is craving to be in the spotlight (remember on "The Surreal Life" how dramatic she was then?!?) obtain a career - and poor Corey Haim who is just a mess, revitalize his. And he is a mess…literally, figuratively and any other "ly" possible. It almost seems scripted in such a manner as to totally poke fun and ridicule the poor guy. And they're supposed to be friends? I'm thinking, "Corey with friends like these…you might be better off hanging with people who outwardly don't like you!"

I just don't understand how any network, especially A&E -- could put such a poorly produced and "acted" show on. I mean, MTV produces their shows pretty slickly, as does E!, or TLC. Even "Girls Next Door" is interesting because it gives us a peek into the pampered and fluffy life at the Playboy mansion. Who's not going to be intrigued by that, despite the lack of intelligence? The girls are beautiful, the mansion is even more beautiful - and it piques the curiousity.

But let's be honest here. "The Two Coreys' is no "Breaking Bonaduce".
I even think that "Scott Baio: 45 and still Single" is a better show than this one! And that one is pretty awful.

I, for one - would be perfectly happy if I never saw either Corey again.

2 comments:

Suldog said...

I've got to say I would have been happy if I had never seen either of the Coreys in the first place, nevermind again.

(I don't suppose they'd have much nice to say about ME, either...)

Susan said...

That show makes my brain bleed.