Friday, August 24, 2007

Hashbrowns..or home fries?

I love to cook.
One of the things that makes me happiest - aside from my kids -- is a full refrigerator and cabinets after food shopping.

I know that sounds ridiculous, but it's true.

I am really looking forward to tomorrow morning.  It's the girls' brunch that I'd been hoping to plan all summer.
I'm glad I'm feeling much better than I was earlier this week!

There's always something going on during the weekends that make it tough to plan these things, so I'm glad that I'm feeling better - and that tomorrow is almost here.

It's nothing big, in the respect of I didn't invite a large amount of people - because then I'd be too busy cooking to be able to just hang out. 

This is going to be a strictly "hang out and catch up" kind of day.  All day long…no need to rush out if no one has anything going - because I'm not going anywhere!

And god knows I'll have enough food.

Without further adieu, I present the brunch menu:

Mimosas - naturally.
Bagels/Cream Cheese
Shrimp Cocktail
Fresh Fruit
Scrambled Eggs
Bacon
Sausage
Spinach & Prosciutto quiche
Mushroom & Swiss quiche
Spiral Ham
Roasted Potatoes
Brown Rice & Tomato Salad
Fruit Tart
Coffee Cake
And of course… a box o' joe.

All of this cooking - and getting to be with family and friends…
…is medicine for my soul.

4 comments:

Martie said...

Mmmmm......the menu makes me wish I lived very close to you! Have a wonderful time!

Hugs

Martie said...

You've been tagged! Stop over to my place and see what you need to do! ;)

Susan said...

YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!

chesneygirl said...

Ummm... nothing big???
You won't be busy cooking ALL that???
That would take me a week and a half to prepare all of that!

It's sounds DELISH!!... hope it was a great time! :)