Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Excuse me while I whine for just a moment...

So, I'm sick.
For the first time since what, January -- I've got a cold.
Truthfully, the cold itself isn't that bad. It's the accompanying symptoms that got me feeling so lousy.


The fever.
The soreness in my neck because my glands are swollen.
The pain in my lower back that feels like I've been beaten with a bat.

I ran out to Fresh City to get a smoothie, with an extra shot of echinacea in it, to give me a little "oomph".
It's not working.

I need a hug.

9 comments:

bigwhitehat said...

I aint hugging you! Your sick and in Boston.

Rest up. Eat spicy. Take Ibuprofen. Drink Orange Juice.

Martie said...

Sorry you're not feeling good! Here's your {{{{HUG}}}} ;)

Get better soon, but do take ibuprofen and drink plenty of fluids!

Tim said...

Hope you feel better. Being sick is no fun. Especially in the summertime.

Rebecca said...

hahaha.... BWH, great advice. I always eat spicy when I'm sick. :)

Thanks Martie! I'll take that hug.

Thanks Green... hopes and wishes work well too. :)

Shayna said...

Hi honey,

I hate it when you get sick:( Please be careful with the temp, because you know you run awfully high ones and if it's not better in a day or so, I would definitely go to the Doctor's because your symptoms sound like it could be more than just a cold. Wish I could be there to wrap you in a hug. If you need me, just let me know. For now, please take care of yourself.
Love, Mom

Cheryl said...

Consider yourself ((Hugged))!

Susan said...

Feel better!

ramblin' girl said...

feel better soon!

and stayvaway from bats... ;~)

Rebecca said...

Thanks all -- I'm feeling better today. Fever's gone - and for me - that's the worst part. I run such high fevers!!! Now it just feels like a plain, ol' cold. That - I can live with. :)