Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Requiem of a dream…

I've mentioned before that I've been having dreams that have been rather vivid. I either don't remember dreaming at all…or they're so real that I wake up thinking that it really happened.

Normally, there's only one or two key people in my dream that I know in "real life" - and normally I know why I'm dreaming the scenario. They're relatively easy to interpret.

But more often than not, my friends in the dream - are my friends in the dream, but no one I know in real life. Does that make sense?
So last night's dream was interesting.

My friends Lynne and Kathy M/D (friends in real life) and I flew to see a Red Sox game in Los Angeles. But no one was there really, it was practically empty. So we sat near the players dugout. Funny thing is, the stadium was like a little league field as opposed to a major league stadium. So, we're sitting near the players and of course, Jason Varitek was there. But he wasn't in uniform. He was wearing an orange shirt and jeans, as if it was like an "off day" for him. So anyway, of course I couldn't even look in his direction and my girlfriends kept trying to get him to notice me. They were like saying my name really loud and whatnot, and I just kept looking away. One of the girls spilled a drink and I looked over and saw him looking our way and laughing. Then he said "Hi Rebecca", but he mispronounced my name. It was like "Reb-ec-ca", sort of robotic and I said "that's not how you say my name!" and he laughed and said "I know, I was just trying to make you laugh". And then I looked at him and it was like a movie from my perspective - he was laughing and just smiling so happily, not at me - but with me. The next thing I remember, I'm clearly dating him but now he's a football player, and he's playing a game. I'm at a stadium and I’m with all the football players' wives - but they're far older than I am. And they keep clamoring around "Mrs. Shula". And I said, "oh, I love Shula's restaurant. Best steaks ever…everything's ala carte, and it's wonderful". Then one of the women says to me "she cooks it all herself you know". And I said "she cooks what?" and the woman replies "all the food at the restaurant. She does it all herself.." and I look at her shaking my head saying "that's impossible, one woman cant' cook all that food for multiple restaurants! You mean she created the menus, right?" ….and that's all I remember.

I can't for the life of me figure out what it means - if it means anything at all. Normally, a dream this vivid means something. Yet, this one's just so random. I mean what would I even try to look up?
It's not as if I can find an entry in the dream dictionary for "Jason Varitek"!
Go figure...

4 comments:

Martie said...

I couldn't begin to figure it out, but it sure is interesting!

I wanted to tell you that you have inspired me to begin Yoga! There are no yoga classes within 25 miles and since the air in my car is not working I don't want to drive that far in the heat and humidity so I borrowed 'Yoga for beginners' from the local library along with two others. I'm reading the booklet that came with the beginner one now. Sorry this is so long, but I don't have your e-mail address......anyway, thanks for inspiring me to try something new!

Suldog said...

If you ask me, it means you like Jason Varitek and steak :-)

David Sullivan said...

Check out my post from August 5th. Its relevant.

Susan said...

I'd like to know about my dream about getting an engagement ring. LOL.