Friday, August 17, 2007

Seriously? Seriously...

Last night I watched the finale of Greys Anatomy. The "Greys Free Zone" has been officially removed from around my workstation.

I do have some thoughts on it.

1. Meredith, is McBitch. What's up with her being all back and forth. McDreamy is standing there pouring his heart out - and she, after being all "I'm being open and emotionally available" - shuts down. I have to say, I liked her better when she was pining and heartbroken because at least then - she had some substance to her.

2. OMG - did Burke's mother do that to Christina's eyebrows? WOW. That's definite "Monster in Law" material...

3. While I do really like Izzy - I'm sorry, she's got to leave George alone. I love, love, love George. And while I like Callie, I don't necessarily love "Callie & George". But Izzy's back and forth, push and pull - is starting to feel like Meredith's roller coaster. I get that she's confused and all that - but she wasn't as drunk as him that night. And either way, she knew he was married. Let's face it, guys are opportunists. Drunk or otherwise, they'll take what they can get, for the most part. (I know, I know - there are exceptions to the rule...) but she KNEW he was married. She made a conscious choice to be intimate with a man who is married to someone else. She should either have not done it -- or.... understood the consequences of it and just leave him alone. Be friends. And move on....

4. I'm thinking I'll be sad if Addison leaves the show entirely. While I did enjoy the spinoff for her new show - it's very Grey's like - I do love the chemistry she's got with the men on Grey's. And truthfully, the possibilities for her character could be endless... I'm hoping she's on both to be honest.

5. Lexi Grey. Hmmm. I have to say, before I knew she was Lexi Grey -I thought she was very "Meredith-ish" in her mannerisms and speech. To have McDreamy be interested in McSister, would be very McWeird. That's a golden rule that should never, ever have to be explained.

6. Christina's breakdown was so sad...here's this girl who stifled her emotions right up until it was too late. And even then, she stifled them. I really liked Burke - and I liked that he had the patience to get her to realize that she wanted the same things as he did, and that she was just too busy fighting her own vulnerabilities of being open - that she eventually realized she wanted the same things too. Too bad this one was just too late. But of course, given off screen controversies clearly this storyline really couldn't have gone any other way.

7. Ava's name was "Rebecca"? Why did they have to name the girl who leaves her perfect husband and her perfect life "Rebecca". Why couldn't they have named her Jane...or Mary, or Kristin? Why, "Rebecca"? I would like for once, the character named "Rebecca" to be the heroine, the one that every one loves and adores... or at least the one that everyone likes - as opposed to someone who doesn't seem to be a very nice person after all.

8. I'm glad the Chief is staying. I'm glad he chose Derek. What I don't understand, is that while I KNEW the baby was his (really, I couldn't see the storyline going any other way), there had been no previous mention in other episodes of he and Adele even speaking, let alone being intimate. That was a little, rushed for me. It almost seems as if that storyline had just been "thrown" together. But hey - what do I know?

So these are my thoughts on Season 3 and I'm can't flipping wait for Season 4 which is debuting on: Sept 27th!

No TGIF yoga tonight.. I'm still pretty sick, and most importantly - I don't have a sitter.
So I guess a good night of staying in, snuggling w. the kids - and maybe some sushi.
That is, if I can taste it!!

2 comments:

Martie said...

I use to watch Grey's all the time, but got away from it when all they were showing was re-runs and have been just so busy that watching has become almost impossible for me. Maybe when the new season starts and it's dark earlier and cooler, I won't be spending so much time outdoors and will have more time for TV viewing.

And if it makes you feel any better.....we have an 18 month old grand daughter named Rebecca and she is loved and adored by everyone!!!! And so are you!

Hugs

Rebecca said...

Thanks Martie! :)
I think us "real" Rebeccas are probably the best. :)