Monday, August 20, 2007

Not Pneumonia...again???

Ah, but yes it is. Despite the lovely weekend I tried to have....sick I am.
And pneumonia...it is.
But first...

The tomato and corn festival was really very fun. The weather was a bit windier than I would've liked, considering I have about 2 feet of hair! So even in a pony I felt like I was eating it! But the food was excellent - and the corn and tomatoes - to die for. I bought some new varities of tomatoes that I never knew existed: "White Queen", "Yellow Peach", "Grandma's German Green", and "Prince Purple something or other". I think, the Prince Purple is my all time favorite. It just tastes like it belongs inside a super thick BLT. The kids, had a blast and were just a mess! Rolling in the grass...spilling food all over themselves - you get the picture. So anyway - as were making our way out - but not without a pony ride or petting the farm animals, of course -- I ran into Ms. Pink & Green: Erin! She had mentioned she might be able to swing by - and sure enough, as we were working our way out - they were working their way in! So we got to meet Mr. P and the Ladybug who is -- might I add -- the cutest little thing. She looked like such a little farm girl in overalls! And Erin, if you're reading this -- you have the greatest smile...it simply illuminates! I wasn't feeling all that great by the end of the day, and when I heard someone call my name - it didn't "click" right away who she was - and sure enough, when she smiled, I knew exactly who she was. Lovely little family, the Pink & Green crew are. I have to say, I wish I could've met them earlier in the day when the kids and I were all a little...cleaner! And, with me feeling a little better. But there's always another day....

Sunday, we did a little outlet shopping up at Kittery for school clothes. A little announcemnt for any one who is a Mom and you're reading this: Skip the Old Navy outlet. Prices on fall clothes werent' any different there than here at home. However....Children's Place and the Gap Outlet: AMAZING. Let me hear a big "SCORE!". I didn't even bother going into Gymboree because I cleaned up so well at the other two. The only thing the kids really need for now are pajamas, and sneakers. Other than that - we did quite well. I, on the other hand...wasn't doing quite so well by the time we left there yesterday.

So last night - I went to the ER, because my sister was on a shift - and I knew something wasn't right because I wasn't feeling better; I was feeling worse. And as of Saturday night - had absolutely no voice. Nothing but squeaks. And it wasn't from my throat - it was from my chest being congested. The diagnosis: Walking pneumonia. So, they gave me drugs, nebulizer, inhalers and prescription cough medicine that cost more than the outfit I had on. (Well, I was only wearing sweats, but still!) I have really good insurance, and even with that the cough syrup alone was $60. Gotta love those pharmaceutical companies...but I digress.

So, this girl is staying home and relaxing (sort of) today.
Come on. We all know I'm not a good "rest" kind of girl!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Rest up...it was so hard to hear you last night. I missed the ER part! Damn....Feel better - and soon!

Greens and Pinks said...

Oh my god - FEEL BETTER SOON! You poor thing. Tea, rest, and fluids!

Suldog said...

Rest, take the meds, enjoy the time off as much as you can, and get better! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Martie said...

Sorry you're sick......I've actually made it through the last two years without getting pneumonia. Usually it's a common semi-yearly occurance for me! Hope you recover sooner than later....feel better! Sending hugs and health your way!