Friday, August 31, 2007

Summer's Swan Song...

So today marks the official beginning, of the end of the summer season.
Well, don't let the calendar fool you - because it sure feels like summer will be here for a bit longer.
And even if it cools down some, it always warms up again in September. And then again in October. And sometimes even November.


I have no big plans for this holiday weekend. It's relatively fluid and low key, which is actually going to be quite relaxing I think. Tonight is my TGIF yoga, and then one of my girlfriends is coming over for some Chinese…though I think I'll be doing sushi! I'm dying for some…almost obsessed with it at the moment.


Tomorrow, I believe I’m taking the kids to the animal shelter to see if we can't find a little kitten. Last weekend at the birthday party we saw a 5 week old kitten and that gave my kids the bug for another kitten. Well, really it was my daughter who stated that she wants a kitten that she can name "Twinkle", as in "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". How can a Mom say no to that? Especially after this weeks trauma of realizing she can't go to first grade.


Sunday's a birthday party, which is really going to be very low key and a barbecue which is always fun.

Monday - really nothing going either. Which is nice! Play it by ear and just sort of relax. I'm good with that!


I've been craving to make spaghetti and meatballs lately. That's my typical Sunday dinner during the fall. So I'm almost hoping that it's a little "crisp" on Monday. It would be a great excuse to make some! Although if it's warmer, I’m thinking that Peach picking might have to be in order.


If Twinkle Twinkle does end up making an entrance in the household, clearly pictures will be posted to celebrate her arrival.


Have a fabulous Friday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG...I can't imagine that if you go look at kittens that you wont' bring home 1 or 3. My roommate just brought home a kitten last weekend and they are so irresistable. Even my older 1 1/2 year old kitty is infatuated with the new baby! Can't wait for pics!

bigwhitehat said...

I don't know what today marks. Summer last all the way through September this year. I think the solstice is on the 29th.

Martie said...

I wouldn't be able to refuse her a kitten either......after all the trauma of not being able to attend school! LOL

Hugs