Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Today's originally scheduled post has been cancelled due to….

Last night's Red Sox game.
I woke up from my sleep and checked the score; we were up 4-2.
I woke up this morning, and we lost 10-4.
Only 5 games ahead of the Yankees.
WTF?


Here's my thoughts. Right wrong or otherwise, they're mine and I'm sticking to them.

1. Get rid of Wily Mo. He's available for trading. Please God, let someone, anyone take him off our hands.
2. Why do you ever get rid of starting pitching? Why, why, why?!?!?! I know that Eric Gagne is "the man" and all that, and that we need bullpen/middle reliever help, but really. We could've figured something out. Why would you ever give up starting pitching that you could add to an obviously struggling pitching staff. By the way - Kason Gabbard won his second outing last night.
3. Here's another WTF for you….Julio Lugo. Why have we been struggling with SS since trading Orlando Cabrera? Might I add, can someone please enlighten me as to WHY we traded Cabrera in the first place??
4. Barry Bonds and his record breaking home run…Listen, when your father was a pro ball player, and your god father is Willie Mayes, why do you feel the need to cheat? One would think that he, of all people would hold the game so near and dear to his heart that the thought of skewing records would be unthinkable. I know he is excited and thrilled and all that other crap, but truthfully, I'd like to know this: If all things were considered equal, and all players in baseball took anadrol and dbol and HGH - would he still be in the position that he is in today? Or would some one else, who is equally as talented naturally - possibly have reached this pinnacle as well?
5. The Yankees bench clearing was sort of funny to see. While I don't care for ARod - I still almost felt badly for him last night. And Roger Clemens…well, it's too bad that his retaliatory pitch didn't cost the Yankees the game. That, would've made it all worth while.

1 comment:

David Sullivan said...

Willy Mo has cleared waivers so it will be syonara soon.