Friday, August 10, 2007

Rainy really isnt that bad...

Today I'm home, being Mom - aka Domestic Supergoddess. And truthfully, a rainy day is a great day to be home with the kids. It's cozy...snuggly...fun to be lazy kind of day. My son has a bit of a cold, nothing huge - but I'd rather a day of just relaxation after the crazy week he's just had with activities and running around. So after breakfast, they had a nice bath...they're all dressed and look very cute and comfortable - and we're just hanging out today.

Later on this afternoon, I'll be doing my usual "TGIF" yoga class...and then tonight, there's a trunk show at the studio for lululemon yoga wear. I've heard it's rather pricey, but it will be a good time - and I'm always up for a new tank top or two. Afterwards, myself and a few of the girls are going to hit my favorite Martini Bar for a drink or two, or three....

Tomorrow is a day that the we've been waiting all year for...the Tomato and Corn Festival! We went last year for the first time, and had a blast. This year, my Aunt and I are going to do it right by bringing our chairs, blankets - and planting ourselves for the day. We had no idea last year what it was all about, but we're ready for it now. And the weather report for tomorrow has improved tremendously since earlier in the week... I'll take partly cloudy and 83 degrees anyday!

Yawn....
Rainy days and Mondays might bring me down.
But rainy days and a Friday is feeling pretty darn good right about now.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Sounds like a great day!

Susan said...

It would feel better for me if I wasn't at work. LOL.

Greens and Pinks said...

I think I want to check out that tomato and corn festival now that it's next weekend. Is it appropriate for the kiddos?