Thursday, August 16, 2007

A true blue spectacle, a miracle come true...

Funny turn of events this morning.
My aunt called me and said that my cousin had given her two tickets to see Barry Manilow at the "Gah-den", now known as the TD BankNorth Garden. In my family, Barry Manilow is like "god". We love him.

For me, hearing his music just evokes memories of my house on Porter Street when I was little, singing with my Mom; my Aunt and my Mom on Saturday afternoons; how we all used to just hang out and listen to music and sing. (Yes, we all were "singers", or thought we were anyway!) We'd pretend we were auditioning for "Community Auditions", although my Mom and my Aunt (her twin) really could sing nicely. Barry Manilow and his music, outside of being great - evokes even greater memories for us all. I even taught my son and daughter Barry Manilow songs, which they sing like champs, might I add.

So, when my Aunt called today to tell me about the show, she had exciting news - my Mom is flying in to go to the show with her. Then she said "I wish you could come with us". So I said I would see what I could do, but truthfully - one extra ticket would have me sitting seperately. What fun would it be for me to sing "Copa Cabana" with some random stranger next to me? I think not. So, then we thought maybe my sister and I both could go. So, I went to Ticketmaster and searched for the best available seats - and I came up with seats that were (get this) - 3 seats over from her. What are the chances, right? So, I said I would buy them.

But...I had to release them, because I had some difficulty logging into my Ticketmaster account (damn passwords!), and then of course deciding how I was going to pay for the two tickets...and then I went to re-find my seats. Funny how life works, because imagine my surprise when the seat query came back with two seats I ended up purchasing. Same row, same section -- right next to my Aunt and my Mother! They're in Section E, Row 3, seats 10-13. They had 10&11 - I bought 12 &13.

Truly! What are the chances????
Now that, to me -- given my questions from the other day -- is quite possibly a genuine coincidence.

But I think I prefer to think of it as destiny.

4 comments:

Suldog said...

Hard to figure the exact chances of that happening - you need the capacity of the Garden, the number of seats being held for sale by Ticketron in your price range, etc. - but I'd keep it in my heart as a minor miracle. Why not?

ramblin' girl said...

That's awesome!!! I'd say Fate may have played a part in that! Can I fly out if I can get Seat 13?

Rebecca said...

haahaha... absolutely. This just seems more like fate. :)

RG - absolutely!!!! :)

Susan said...

Damn it was destiny!