Monday, January 02, 2006

Accomplishment!


So, I'm off to a great start on my New Year's resolutions!

I re-organized my closet...I mean REALLY reorganized. I started this project about a month and a half ago - but never got to complete it. Well, it's done. I could work for California Closets the way I got this bad boy straightened out! It did make me realize, however - that I just don't have nearly enough boots or shoes! I threw out old/damaged ones that I'll never get to the cobbler to fix, as well as ones that I just don't like anymore. Which has left me with the obvious fact that clearly - I need more!

While doing this, I also was able to try on clothes and determine what exactly needed to go to the tailor. I have a nice bag (large Ann Taylor, so you get an idea of what the amount is - we're not talking 25 gallon trash bag or anything) with about 10 pairs of dress pants and 5 skirts that need to be taken in/hemmed. Talk about rejuvenating my wardrobe! Whatever was I waiting for all this time.....?

I just completed going through my son's toys....sorting out what he has outgrown/broken, and storing away the mini toystore that he recieved this year so that it's orderly and neat. I like to give him one thing everyonce in a while; I don't let him have a free for all with everything. I find that he appreciates his toys more this way. (Or could it truly be just that I'm a control freak and that's the way I like it??? Hmmmm. Possibly a little of both!). Tomorrow, I'll finish up by reorganizing all of his arts & crafts supplies. I need to store them in a big rubbermaid container or something...

Then there's tomorrow, where I will take down my Christmas Tree and all the decorations that go along with it. Life will once again go back to "the time before Christmas". So for now, I'm going to sit back.....enjoy my "high maintenance but keeping it real" coffee my husband just brought home for me, and catch up on reading blogs.

And then...there's always dinner to be made!

6 comments:

chesneygirl said...

Good for you!!

I went thru all of my son's toys and did the same...got rid of broken/outgrown toys to make room for the new Christmas loot.

I also just finished taking down all my Christmas decorations and tree a couple hours ago. My house is back to "normal" and tomorrow....life gets back to "normal."

Happy New Year!

Bougie Black Boy said...

I spent new years at home, cleaning the apartment, primarily the closet and drawers, etc. And, I felt if i can accomplish that in one night--I can accomplish anything this year. Feels great, huh?

Cheryl said...

I need you at my house.

Bougie Black Boy said...

Jax,
she's helping with my house first...

We all should watch Clean Sweep.

Michelle said...

R~ I've got to figure out a way that I can visit your blog without shutting my computer down. Every time I come here, without fail, I get a memory reading error and Internet Explorer shuts down. I'm sure it's my computer, since I always have such a hard time. I wonder if we can set it up that I get emailed whenever you post? Any ideas?

Michelle said...

Organized your closets? Are you for hire? Actually, you probably know by now I'm an organizational freak, but lately, my standards have been compromised. I have a cubby or a basket or a bin for everything, but more often than not as of late, the junk doesn't find it's respective home.