Thursday, January 12, 2006

"Somebody Save Me...."

I know I knock network television - alot. But, there are a few good programs that I do watch. I admit that I'm eagerly anticipating the start of American Idol; I adore "Extreme Makeover Home Edition...but there's one other show that I love, love, love. It's sort of got a cult following - and while it's clearly geared towards the high school crowd, the writing in it is sharp enough that it holds the attention of us 30yr olds.

I love Smallville.

If you watch this show - please refrain from spoiling anything for me - I'm on episode 9 of Season 4. I don't get the opportunity to watch the season as they run, so I wait patiently for the DVDs and then watch them. Who am I kidding - I gorge on them. I have to hold myself back from watching the whole 22 episode season in one sitting.

It doesn't hurt that Tom Welling has got to be the most beautiful person I've ever seen. Ever.

But I always loved Superman; and I really enjoy the complexities of his relationship with Lex and the underlying struggles between the two. Most of all, I enjoy the relationship between Clark and his father. Very rarely do you see programs that show a close and affectionate relationship between a father and son. This is something that I really treasure when watching.

So I'm off now - with a glass of wine, some chocolates - and episodes 9 and 10 waiting for me. And that's all I'm watching tonight.

Really.

8 comments:

Big Ben said...

Smallville is one of my favourite shows. I was a big Superman fan. Speaking of being Jealous, I should have added Tom Welling to my list. I even bought and frequently listen to my Smallville Talon Mix CD!

I am such a nerd.

Lori said...

Hey did you catch the Extreme Home Makeover show from Kansas? It was special for us to watch since the receipients were from 'home'.

Hey...don't tell anyone, but sometimes I watch Degrassi with my daughter..shhhhh!

Rebecca said...

Ben - Tom Welling is envy worthy; and I too have the Smallville Talon Remix in my truck. I can't help it.... :)

Lori: I probably did, I try to catch each one, but I'd remember better by family situation than location! Isn't it just amazing what they do for these families? I love that show...

Rebecca said...

haha, no I did very well. Two episodes and then I stopped and went to bed. ;)

clew said...

Speaking of lists, I posted a new 100 List since I deleted my old one. In case you need a break from Smallville.

Ah crap I guess I'm kinda posting this under the wrong post (list reference). Oh well. You'll forgive me for being too lazy to post it properly, won't you?

Thanks, Rebecca. You're the best. Don't go changin'.

Alison Rose said...

I watch Smallville every week with my hubby and son. And it just keeps getting better, so if you're just on season 4, stay tuned!

BTW, Lori: I've seen--I think--every episode of DeGrassi TNG (and a handful of the old ones from the mid-80s). I LOVE DeGrassi. Those Canadian kids are just as screwed up as the Americans. :-)

bigwhitehat said...

Sunday night I watch EMHE and DH. That is almost all of my telivision veiwing right there.

Cheryl said...

My Dad loves Smallville. And he's a lot more than 30.