Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Whats my guilty pleasure?

Who am I kidding.
I am so NOT guilty about it.
I love, love, love American Idol.

I'm just as enthralled with Season 5 as I was with the first season.
I AM a little scared about the competition we're going to see in Boston though.
It's so sad to see some of these people. They're so serious...and they're so bad.

I'm riveted because they're so awful.
I'm riveted because they're so good.

And I don't care what anyone thinks....Simon Cowell is hot.
I'm a mediocre at best singer...I can carry a tune, but Kelly Clarkson - I am not.
I would give anything to have Simon tell me that if he was "being honest, I was terrible".

Now this my friends, is the best reality television around.
But then again, this is just this girls opinon!

11 comments:

Big Ben said...

I watched the first 2 seasons but now its a bit old for me, I do like to watch the bad singers. Most of the have no idea they stink.

Lori said...

I have to admit that I like watching this, too. It's always amazing to me that so many people don't realize they really are bad.

My daughter was thrilled to see the two cute 17-year-olds make it through to Hollywood!

Mellissa said...

You go on then!! Enjoy your show - we all have our favorites!! You know mine (although I think the girls are really dingy)...

Simon is a hottie by the way ;-)

Mellissa

clew said...

I never watched till last season.

Now I have 2 Bo Bice cd's in my car. :)

Cissa Fireheart said...

OMG I watched last night and Hubby asked me why I didn't go to Boston when they had the call there. Um, DUH had ai known, I would have gone, if only I had KNOWN about it...

I am pretty mediocre myself, but at least I can stay on pitch and carry a tune, which ismore than I can say abotu some of those people. I would have gone if only to have Simon tell me in his dry, English snooty tone how horrible I am. Then I would have laughed and said to him: "THANK YOU SIMON!! Now I have something I can tell my grandchildren about someday!"

*** said...

I think that what you're riveted by is the reason I cannot bring myself to watch it.

Not to mention, I don't need another TV show to become addicted to.

Michelle said...

I can carry a much better tune if I've been drinking. At least it sounds better in my head. ;)

Cheryl said...

I've never watched American Idol except when I'm at my parents' house and they have it on. But I watched it for the first time last night.

I think Simon's hot, too. Mean, but hot.

clew said...

Simon thinks he's hot too. He wears the same size shirts as Incrediboy. LOL!

Susan said...

Wait until skating w/ the stars!

Bougie Black Boy said...

I LOVE american idol. and i can't wait till skating w/the stars tonite too. I was cracking up laughing all night.

I think you need to start doing recaps of it!