Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Aint nothin' but a germ thang....

I have no voice today. At all.

Sunday, my daughter came down with a head cold. Last night, my son came down with a cough.
And today, after being exposed to all those wonderful germs, and sitting in a cold church and outside in the cold at the cemetary - I have something inbetween those two ailments. Everytime I get something other than just the sniffles, it always settles in my chest, and robs me of my voice. Every guy's fantasy: a woman with no voice. (bada-bump-crash!)

It's funny because my kids aren't in preschool, so often I wonder why they catch so many colds. It must be all those nasty germs I'm bringing home from my office! Ugh. I knew I didn't like those people.....

Which brings up a scary topic: biological warfare. See how easy it could be to destroy a population by contaminating the air with an airborne virus? Mix something scary with the common cold? It's a frightening thought....but a very real possibility.

I definitely believe that there is a threat of that type of warfare. It's something I've been reading about for years. And while it may not have been uncovered in our recent venture to Iraq - I assure you it's out there. It's only a matter of time...

Well, I guess this cold is bringing the dark side of me out. I have quite a rant coming up about Massachusetts and the leniency of the laws here regarding child abuse and murder....but that is for another day. I think I need to change into some cozy clothes, give my kids big hugs....and all share our germs over dinner!

3 comments:

*** said...

After the last two weeks of myself, my son, Dale and his two kids being sick (Dale and myself being sick is somewhat unheard of...especially Dale), I believe it too. And that's not even my dark side talking!

Big Ben said...

I seem to be the guy bringing in the germs to my office.

Michelle said...

Sorry you're under the weather. I'm probably jinxing myself, but I've never, ever lost my voice. That's quite an accomplishment in 37 years dontcha think? I deserve an award. ;)

Speaking of biological warfare, I read about this town that was having an election and one side of the campaigne visited all the local restaurants and sprinkled something on all the salad bars. Most of the town was sick and didn't show up to vote. Sorry, I just probably ruined it for salad bar eaters across America.