Thursday, January 05, 2006

"This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius...."

All day yesterday, and a little bit into today - I have had this song stuck in my head. I just can't shake it. I never saw "Hair"....and honestly, I don't even like the song very much. When I was a child, I had a kiddie jukebox that had this song in it - and it scared me. It always sounded warped when the batteries would start to die out, and it took on a very ominous, scary sound. It's not a song that I would normally walk around singing. So, I'm thinking it's' a sign. But a sign of what?

Am I thinking of it subliminally because it's January - the sign of Aquarius? Maybe. I doubt it though. So, I did a little research on what the Dawning of the Age of Aquarius really is. There is a long, philosophical answer to what it is, but the long and short of it is: Spirituality in the New Age.

Maybe, the real reason that I am hearing this song in my head is a bigger and greater message. Maybe, one of my resolutions this year should include working on a stronger sense of spirituality - not so much in the religious sense, but in the personal peace and serenity aspect.

There are signs everywhere, you just have to stop and see them. And if this is one - then it's not such a bad thing. I could use a little peace and serenity this year! Couldn't you?

9 comments:

LifeWithDale said...

Hi. I'm a long time reader of yours but haven't posted...until now that is.

Maybe you should watch "The 40 Year Old Virgin" to gain some more insight. Just a thought.

Love your blog...

Dale

Rebecca said...

Hi Dale! Wow - thanks for you kind words, and thanks for posting. :) Feel free to comment any time....

Laurie - Very interesting...I always thought deja vu was a memory of reliving a moment from another life; sort of a tear in the dimensions if you will. The way you presented it is a different way to look at it. Very interesting.... ;)

Sue - If I hadn't mentioned it before, thanks for stopping in! I totally believe that signs are everywhere...

Jerrster said...

Rebecca...
I suppose I could use some peace and serenity but I'm the kind of person that wouldn't want to do too much effort for it....do they sell it at the Mall?

Cheryl said...

When the moon is in the seventh house, and jupiter aligns with mars... then peace will guide the planets, and lo--ove will steer the stars! Now you've done it to me. I HATE that song, and now it's living in MY head!

StringMan said...

To make it even worse, they sang that song at the end of the movie "40 Year Old Virgin". Funny, though.

clew said...

Hi Rebecca!

This sort of thing happens to me a lot, and oftentimes (to my chagrin)it's a song I really am not wild about to begin with. LOL. I always figured it was OCD but maybe it means something else.

Got your post about your previous post disappearing. I checked and it was still there - and then I noticed the latest post was under the second to last blog entry. Maybe that's what happened - looking at wrong comment section??? That happens to me sometimes too. In any case, I know I've been scarce these past few weeks and I don't want you to think I delete your comments or something. I "heart" you!!!

p.s. I'm an aquarian. (Twilight Zone music in the background)

Bougie Black Boy said...

I'm an aquarius!!!!

*** said...

I actually have kind of a strange attraction to that song. My Mom had this record album when I was a kid (the 5th Dimension I believe) and she would listen to it often on the weekends, especially during our cleaning time Saturday mornings.

Michelle said...

Bainwen had a little Aquarius sing-a-long going on over at her blog this very day too.

A sign??? ;)