Sunday, January 15, 2006

Comfort Food!

Today, we need comfort food. Why? Well, aside from the TLC we need here in New England from that sorry, sorry loss last night....we had a 40 degree drop in temperature. We need some comfort food to make us feel good!

Okay - last night's game: The WORST officiating I've ever seen....but that only affected the first half, truly. The second half was purely a giveaway. The Bronco's didnt' win that game so much as the Pats lost it. Very dissapointing. It's certainly not as if Denver beat us. But that's okay... they capitalized on our mistakes, which is the nature of the game. And we can't always win. You can't be a true champion unless you rise from defeat. And we had a very difficult season...this was probably our most trying year, and we did really well.

So today's activities consist of relaxing and enjoying quality time at home. Our Sunday dinner menu consists of Pot Roast and Pudding Pie. Pot Roast is one of my most favorite meals to make...it's easy, delicious and is just perfect for a cold New England day. I'll share my recipe with you... you won't believe how easy it is, and if you try it - you won't believe how delicious it is. Every time I make it - everyone asks for the recipe.

1 pot roast (I usually make at least a 5lb one)
1 large can of Tomato Sauce
2 cans of Cranberry Sauce
Carrots & Potatoes (however many you want to add)

Cook on medium heat, covered. High simmer for at least 1 hour per pound.

You still have time if you want to make it today!!!!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Mmmm, sounds good. I threw a meal together last night that only had to be cooked today so I could get some scrapbooking in. A sausage and cheese dish. And I made a strawberry pretzel salad.

Anyway, I wanted to contribute a recipe too. It's for a beef roast - most of my fam doesn't particualarly care for chuck roasts, but this recipe makes it so good.

One roast, one can cream of mushroom soup, one pack dry onion soup mix, one can of Coke. Pour over roast in this order and cook covered @ 350 for 4 hours (or in crock pot all day).

The meat almost shreds when it's done and it's so juicy and good. It has become a food staple at our house.

Rebecca said...

Kodi - you can totally make it in a crock pot, but don't use a 5lb one! You'll have too much juice and it will overflow everywhere. Don't make bigger than a 3lb in the crockpot, and use only 1 can each of tomato and cranberry sauce. :) I usually cook mine on top of the stove in a pot, but you can absolutely do crockpot.

And yes - that pass interference call totally threw the game all out of whack. There were false starts, pass interferences and other penalties that the refs completely didn't call on Denver. But what can you do. They still handed over the game, although had the calls not gone the way they did, they would've won I think.

Naive - that sounds yummy- very different!! I'll have to try it! Thanks!! Do you still add carrots and potatoes??

Bougie Black Boy said...

you always seem to have the best recipes and food on here. You know the way to a man's heart. . .

btw, i dedicated a posting to you.

Rebecca said...

you did??? I'm on my way over now! Thanks.. :)

Michelle said...

R~ You can still add potatoes and carrots, but I usually have potatoes and a veggie on the side.

Big Ben said...

You will have to get used to losing in New England becuase the Jays are going to kick some Red Sox butt this year.

Cheryl said...

Mmmmm... that sounds good, and unlike what I've had before--think I'll try it! My ex mother-in-law gave me a great meatball recipe with chile sauce & cranberry sauce. I usually put the roast in the crock pot with carrots & potatoes, then add a cup of water and a package of dry Lipton Onion soup. Sometimes I sub wine for some of the water. It's pretty yummy that way, too.

DBFrank said...

Happy Monday!

clew said...

I was wondering how you were handling the loss ... food is good.

I almost had a stroke from the peepoor calls -slash- bumbling plays during the Colts/Steelers game yesterday but my black and yellow heroes pulled it off. Whew!

I've had a poop weekend anyways ... and i'm too out of it to cook. are there any leftovers?

Rebecca said...

Ben --- Surely you jest. ;)

Cheryl -- Yes, I've made sweet and sour meatballs that way too. Some people will do chili sauce and grape jelly; but your roast recipe sounds similar to Naive's. I'm going to have to try it that way.

Steel - Good to see you! I've been lurking around your place... ;)

Clew -- Hey, you win some, you lose some right? What's going on w/ you? I'm heading over now to see what you've posted if anything!

Max -- !!!!!
Missed ya, glad you came by to say hi!