Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Must. Get. Motivated...

So, as my good friend Anonymous pointed out in my last post - I blew off karate last night.
I couldn't help it.... we had a mini-blizzard that I wasn't expecting, and by the time it was time to get ready to go, I was already in my cozy clothes and eating up a storm. Ugh.

For the past two days, I've been just hungry non stop. Not sure why - and no, it's not hormonal.
I think the winter just does that to a person once in a while.

For example, I never eat lunch at work. Because I just sit all day and feel disgusting afterwards. But today, I couldn't resist. I ran to the store one of my friends and the sushi was just calling my name. It tasted so good going down....but I'm really feeling so lousy now.

So tonight, despite my internal protests that I know will kick in - I am going to get my butt on the bike and hustle for a minimum of three miles. That should help some. And then a healthy dinner of boneless chicken and steamed kale with brown rice. Not as glamourous as sushi - but hey, we can't have it all.

And I've come to the conclusion that I can't announce publicly when I'm actually going to make it back to kickboxing/karate, because that will just doom it - and I won't make it.

Didn't I say the very same thing this past Friday?

And you know what's funny - all it will take is just attending one session and then I'm back into it full swing. It's just making that first class....

3 comments:

Lori said...

I'm the world's worst about starting back into exercise. I guess it's like anything else....it's taking that first step.

Mellissa said...

Have a brownie - kick ass later.

xoxo,

Bug

chesneygirl said...

I TOTALLY know what you mean here!!!
I have been trying to get my butt back to the gym for the last two weeks and everytime I set my mind to it..."something comes up"

Take last night for instance...dishes were piled to the sky, as well as the laundry and my son needed a bath.
Who would've EVER thought I'd chose chores over ANYTHING!

But you're right...it just takes the first time getting there and then I'm in to full swing again too.

Sooo...today, I have mind set on going this evening. The chores are done so there is nothing to stop me. (unless of course WE get an unexpected mini-blizzard or I find vaccuuming to do or...) :)