Monday, January 09, 2006

Cat and mouse...

Last night, I watched a show on Discovery Theatre (the High Definition version of Discovery Channel) titled "Into the Lion's Den". If you are a wildlife enthusiast as I am - you have to watch this.

Despite the fact that the gentleman who is the focal point of this show is a little gregarious for my taste - what he accomplishes with a pride of wild lions is breathtaking. This is some of the best footage of lion behaviour when they KNOW they are being watched, that I've ever seen. And to see their tolerance levels is awesome. It truly makes you realize how aggressive the human race is; lions tolerate our presence far more than we've ever tolerated their presence.

This guy is no novice; he's a large cat trainer for Hollywood, has been mauled by a lion during a performance (they show some video of it) and he genuinely has a love for large cats.

As I watched it, it made me wish I had pursued a different career path.
How cool would it have been to be a large cat trainer???
Oh well. In another life maybe....

10 comments:

bigwhitehat said...

"behaviour"? You have been reading too many Canadian blogs.

Rebecca said...

hahaha, naaah. That's just my English roots showing. ;) I tend to do that alot and don't even realize! If I don't proof my writing, you'll often see "flavour", "colour" and "favour" spelled incorrectly. I can't help it, I'm a "New" England girl.. ;) Maybe I was a Pilgrim in my previous life???

Rebecca said...

Wow - this is bizarre. Blogger says there's only one comment, when clearly there are two - and after this one, three. Very interesting....

Mellissa said...

Hey there,

Go to your blogger template and settings.....email section and uncheck/re-check the part about showing comments in a pop-up window.

Mine does that sometimes too... off to shower and do my hair for the Atlanta Bachelor ;-)

Ladybug

Rebecca said...

Hey Sue -
I used to volunteer there before I got married. ;)

Thanks Mellissa - I'll try it! :)
Have fun....

Cheryl said...

Rebecca the Lion Tamer...

Bougie Black Boy said...

Never too late!!!! go for it! the new career. lol

Michelle said...

I've always wanted to work with dolphins. My dream job in high school was to work at Sea World in Florida as a trainer.

Chinook7 said...

"How cool would it have been to be a large cat trainer???"

Reckon that Siegfried and Roy have an entirely different perspective (especially Roy) about working with large cats, though.

Rebecca said...

Joseph a - Thanks for stopping by!! ;)

Laura: hahahha. I'd love a couple of fat cats. Actually, we're in the market for a kitten if we find one... ;) That would satisfy the urge!!