Saturday, December 31, 2005

A Toast to the End of Another Year....

When I raise my glass tonight, it won't be just for the ringing in of the New Year. It will also be a farewell to this one.
2005 was a very good year for me....it was also a very difficult year.

Through it all, the positive outweighed the negatives - and I think I grew into a much wiser person on many levels as a result. For me, reflecting on 2005 will always be wonderful. Despite the emotional adversity, the beauty of what I had far outshone the tarnish of what I didn't have. And I finally stopped striving for the acceptance that I may never achieve from those whom I was seeking it from. And that's a good thing.

So this is my toast to 2005:
"You gave it to me straight - as any good friend should....and I thank you for that. Thank you for being a healthy and prosperous year for my beautiful family. Here's to 2006 - may it be as good of a friend as you were."

A wise man once said: Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. (Benjamin Franklin)

If you stop growing...if you stop believing....if you stop striving...then you have stopped living. Keep the faith and stay alive for a magical new year.
But hey - what do I know? I'm just a girl....but I'm lovin' every minute of it!

7 comments:

bigwhitehat said...

Happy new year.

Mellissa said...

Happy New Year to you Rebecca!

Lori said...

Happy New Year, Rebecca. May 2006 be a wonderful year for you, your family and all of your dreams!

echotig said...

Have a great 2006!

DarthImmortal said...

Well Said! Happy New Year to you!

Cissa Fireheart said...

Cheers! Happy New Year Rebecca! :)

Rebecca said...

Happy New Year to you all....

David, Darth Immortal, Sue's World - thanks for stopping in! Feel free to come back anytime....