Saturday, December 03, 2005

Smells like Snow...

It was cold today. Raw, damp, sting your nose kind of cold today. Something we're not accustomed to here yet, because it's been balmy and in the 60s lately. But today - it smelled like snow. If you're not from an area where you get snow, you probably are thinking "what the heck does snow smell like?" Well, I don't know if I can properly describe it for you. It's a crisp, clean and distinct smell in the air. I think the best analogy I can give for it, is something similar to when you smell clothes that have been dried in the summer air, as opposed to in the dryer. It's that fresh, crisp smell that you get when yout bite into an apple on a blustery fall day. And it's the distinct smell that when you say it out loud "wow, it smells like snow today...." if anyone is around you that is from this area - they nod their head in agreement and say something like "...yup - and my knee is aching too; it's definitely going to snow." I don't know if this is a New England scent, or just a snow scent - but it was definitely here today.

If you get the chance....visit three people on my blogroll.

Karla - one of my best, best friends - love her. She is just starting to blog and recently picked it up again after starting and then stopping due to many reasons - one she just wrote about.

Laurie - Very cool, and very funny Stranded in Suburbia chick who sounds like she's really a city girl!

Julia - Entrepreneur, with a very fun company that all you girls should check out. I own a pair of her yoga pants and Tshirt - and I recommend that all of you should own one as well. A portion of all her proceeds go to breast cancer research.

Happy weekend.... Back to drinking my glass of wine and surfing all of your blogs.
:)

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

You describe the smell of snow absolutely perfectly!

Rebecca said...

Hey Girls - Thanks! It's funny because I work with alot of people who are from areas of the country that don't get snow, and they always look at us New Englanders funny when we say it...

And, the postscript to this story is that I awoke this morning to a clean, white snowcover. It's a beautiful snowy day -the kind of day that you just have the fireplace going and cook and eat all day long. Enjoy your Sunday, however you spend it. :)

Cissa Fireheart said...

YAY for snow! My first snow in over 6 years. I posted about it on the blog, Rebecca. oh yeah,and I tagged ya through Laurie too :)

and yes, the snow description was VERY accurate....

Bougie Black Boy said...

yeah it snowed last night. not too happy about it. :(