Friday, December 30, 2005

...In the days of auld lang syne...


Should auld acquaintance be forgot?
I don't think so.

Each and every person we've crossed paths with in one way or another is for a reason. Sometimes we know why; sometimes we don't see it right away because maybe there was a lesson to be learned from it. But whether we look back upon these people and see immediately the reason for their involvement in our lives is irrelevant; without them we'd each be a different person than who we are at this very moment. And for that reason alone - no acquaintance should ever be forgotten.

Last year I had made a small, achievable list of resolutions. I kept 4 out of 6 of them. Not too bad... This year, my list is smaller - but still important - and I'm hoping to be successful at keeping them. There's always room for improvement, isn't there?


So here, without further adieu - are my New Year's Resolutions for 2006:

1. Don't be such a slacker about laundry!
2. Be more organized about everything - not just the things I'm interested in....
3. FINALLY get my real estate license (I've taken the class - just gotta get the damn thing!)
4. Get all of my clothes tailored that need to be tailored!!!!

I don't think that New Year's is the only time of year that we can reflect upon things which we can improve about ourselves - so this is an ever changing, evolving, living/breathing list. But they're the first things I'd like to tackle for the month of January anyway!

Here's to you all....wishing you all a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2006!
Cheers!

5 comments:

clew said...

Sounds like a good list!

BTW I didn't delete your comment(s) but the same thing was happening to me yesterday. Weird! I think Blogger is trippin'. (Ew, there's an old phrase ;D)

Happy New Year Sweetie! I'm glad we crossed paths in '05!

David Edward said...

saw you at winfall's - happy new year

Susan said...

you forgot one! Meeting for coffee!!

I hope you got my email, shh...I moved my blog. : )

DarthImmortal said...

You forgot the most important resolution: have fun!! If you don't have any fun then what is the point?

ramblin' girl said...

thanks for the reminder that despite the outcome, people we've met make us who we are!

hope you have a fantastic 2006, glad to have "met" you!