Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas: The Aftermath....

Sigh....
All the buildup - and it's now over. Such a shame...

I had a wonderful Christmas - maybe one of the best to date. Not because Santa was good to me (which he was!!!!), but because it was the first holiday in about 5 years that my parents were both here to celebrate with us. And we had a great dinner - and a wonderful time with my cousins who came for dessert. It was just a really great, complete day - that actually lasted until the next day, as I had company until just about midnight.

My mom and dad have left my house and are now over my sisters; my mom is leaving to go back to Florida tomorrow night - and my Dad will be back at my house until Saturday morning....and then since we arent' having any babies any time soon, I truly don't know when I'll see them again. It's such a good feeling to have a house full of people laughing and enjoying each other's company, it makes me sad to think that it could be at least a year - if not longer - that it happens again.

I had promised Cheryl that I would post my menu and I was so busy that I wasn't able to....so here is my Holiday Dinner Menu in Review. I modified it some since my initial plan, but it still was pretty, pretty good.

First Course: Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail, Stuffed Scallops, Stuffed Mushrooms and Scallops Wrapped in Bacon.
Second Course: Baked Ziti and Caesar Salad
Final Course: Spiral Ham, Prime Rib, Sausage Stuffed Italian Peppers, Roasted Potatoes & Eggplant, Candied Sweet Potatoes.
Dessert: Cookies, Cakes, Chocolates

I usually do a soup as my first course - and then my seafood as a second course - and usually a vegetable with the final one. But I just had so much, I opted to leave them out. Good thing too....

Hope you all were happy, healthy....and full on Christmas Day!

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow!! Thank you--that sounds wonderful. More work than I'd want to do, I think. Mmmmm...prime rib. That just sounds so good! Thanks for a second (vicarious) meal!

My family doesn't get together often enough, either--and we only live a few miles from each other. But there's nothing better than a houseful; you're so right about that.

Lori said...

It sounds like a great Christmas, Rebecca. And the food! I would have been full by the second course!

A house full of loved ones is always magic.

clew said...

Yum.

Let's all go to Rebecca's next year!!! ;D

Glad you enjoyed your holidays there. Seems like as long as it took to get into the spirit for most people this year, the payoff was exceptionally rewarding this season.

Happy New Year!!!

Bougie Black Boy said...

THREE courses? ? ?

I could have only eaten ONE. Sounds like a lot. I'm still waiting for you to send me some of those infamous pies.

bigwhitehat said...

Sounds like a great meal. If sombody hasn't been to your neck of the woods, I don't think they can appreciate the scalllops. The scallops in the Boston area are the best in the world. They are more tender and flavorful than any others.

I'm sure your company helped make things a little sweeter too.

Echo wrote a good post about our Christmas. Go check it out. You should also try a cake recipe from this post.
Happy New Year.

Mellissa said...

Yummm - that is all I can say.

I wrote a little something for you on Christmas. I hope you saw it.

xoxo from Atlanta.

Mellissa

ramblin' girl said...

sounds excellent!

Happy New Year!

Jerrster said...

Hey Rebecca...yeah well I too have been a bit inconsistant with my blog reading and commenting...wow what a great Christmas feast. how do you ever get it all done on time?...for me its like when the bag of chips gets opened that the 1st course...the ding of the microwave thats the main course...and the freezer closing means we all get Ice Cream. I know that is SO bachelor of me.

Have a great New Years!

Jerrster said...

OK Rebecca top ten resolutions for 2006 has been posted...cant wait to read yours!!!!