Friday, December 02, 2005

These are a few of my favorite things....

...Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens...Brown paper packages tied up with strings...These are a few of my favorite things...Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels...Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles...Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings...These are a few of my favorite things...Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes......Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes...Silver white winters that melt into springs...These are a few of my favorite things...When the dog bites...When the bee stings...When I'm feeling sad...I simply remember my favorite things...And then I don't feel so bad...

I've got the radio station on, and of course I have it on the one that is playing holiday music nonstop until Christmas. This song just came on - and it makes me feel, well - so girly. I don't know if it's the manner in which it's performed, or if it's just the pure lyrical presentation. But nothing makes me feel like I should be twirling around in a pretty dress than hearing "cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels...." Ahhh, these are the types of lyrics I wish I had been gifted enough to write!

So, in honor of the girlish mood I'm in...here's a fun blog thing!



Your Nail Polish Color is Red


How you're unique: You have an incredible eye for style and art

Why your style rocks: You are classic and classy - and that's hot!

What this color says about you:

"I'm smart, sassy, and sexy. And I know it."


5 comments:

bigwhitehat said...

I'm game for most things but, no. I'm not doing this one.

Julia said...

AND JULIA'S COLOR IS...

***Your Nail Polish Color is Magenta***

How you're unique: You're confident - and you show everyone the true you

Why your style rocks: You have the attitude to carry the most outrageous outfits off

What this color says about you: "Look at me. I know you want to!"

BIG WHITE HAT: You know you want to. I actually think you did already. Come on, what color are you??? No wait, lemmie guess... R U Yellah?

Vin said...

Hey Bec! I am blogging for first time in a while and had fun taking this nail polish test. It's funny 'cause when D came over last Sunday she looked at my nails and said "Oh, my God! You have Malaga Wine on too." She had the same color as I did.

I went "Outside the Box" last wk and got Malaga wine instead of my usual french.

My nail color results are kinda funny :) read below:

"Your Nail Polish Color is Black"

How you're unique: There's nothing about you that isn't unique

Why your style rocks: You are a total indie chick... and you can pull it off

What this color says about you: "I'm a trendsetter and don't care what anyone else is doing!

Rebecca said...

Julia & Laurie: I think Magenta suits you both, based strictly on what I know of you... :) Very cool.

BWH: Julia got you good...Yelluh? :) hahahaa.

Karla: Woohoo!!!!! I miss you chickie!!!! OMG, you got Black - that is very, very cool. I'm going to check your blog out now... Miss you! Have fun tomorrow if you girls still go...

clew said...

My nail color is Purple! Said something about me being creative and confident. My style is focused on color and texture. SWEET!

Hi Rebecca! Hope to be back in the blogswing later this week :)

HUGS!